• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Extended control arms

• 8 months later...

Bump for some more experienced input. I'm also going with the carli starter kit route, I've also been looking at the DOR bent control arms (running 3rd gens on 35x12.5's) or the flight fabrication control arms. Leaning towards the DOR arms so I don't have to run wheel spacers. My previous 01 I had a buddy make a set of 1/2" control arms, nothing special about them and they were great. I was clearing 35x12.5's on a 20x12 -44 with only a 2.5" level.

On 7/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, ARenaissanceishMAn said:

In the market for extended control arms for my 2001 with carli starter kit, so far my two choices are metalcloak MC-8001 @ $550 or top gun customz SKU:2844024 @ $270, just curious what everyone is running / suggests. Pros and cons, thanks!

I just installed some last week I had a 2.5 leveling kit and it rubbed with my 35s installed them and no more rub. I ordered them off eBay for 270 out the door. Seemed like they were nicely built with polyurethane and grease zerks. Welds looked good. I believe they were only 2 inches longer than stock.