• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
DavidC

My 01 4X4 has 99 tie rods?

I just did the tie rods on my 01 2500 4X4. I bought the parts ahead of time, and when iI pulled the old tie rods out of the truck and put them side by side I found they did not match. After some extensive research the parts guy and I determined that the ones on my truck matched up to a '99. nI got all the '99 model tie rods and got back after it. When I got to the tie rod that meets the pitman arm I found that the shaft on it was to small. I took it back and it was for an '01. Finaly it is all back together and now I'm wondering why someone would have changed this. I have looked at both setups and it seems to me the older tie rod setup looks a little heavier/stronger, so I am wondering is this a common upgrade some people are doing.