• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

56 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

YEEEPPPPP. SOL when messing with anything stainless or aluminum though lol

That's very true. But I do have a couple of those spring loaded grabber thingy's for just such a situation. Most of my stuff is just cheap iron though.

19 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Tie wire is good for tool fishing.... bends easy and stays formed the shape you need to hook tool.

I think Dripley is only guy with tie wire in his truck.

Unfortunately the only tie wire I ever seem to have in the truck is those little 6" loop ties. Cant grab much with those little things. Do have a roll at the house. It is good stuff. 

• Like 2

Well here is an update. Everything ran perfect for 6 days. The temp gauge starting wacking out again though not as drastic before. I can now see temps in the 172 to 188 range. The 237 map code came back but no others so far. The other weird thing that happened is when arriving in Maryland last Sunday I stopped for a brief moment and when getting back in and driving off the truck was way down on power. Stuck my foot in it and it just accelerated very slowly. The engine was defueled as best I could tell. Only 8 pounds of boost on the mechanical gauge and very slow accelrattion. It did accelerate to 3k rpm, but very slowly. By the time I hit 5th gear it recovered and had full power. I noticed the CEL was on before I pulled out and thats when I saw the 237 code. This has happened 4 times now, most recently today. Lasted a little longer but with my foot in it in 5th it recovered and was very noticable when it happened, like flipping a switch, no power to power and smoke. Cant help but think this is a wiring issue. I did order a new MAP sensor and oil pressure switch just in case. I am going to tear into this weekend and see what I can find. I am thinking the ground junction in the harness near the ECM break out or I do have some splices going into the ECM from the APPS sensor that are suspect. The temp thing gets me though, it predates any other problem I have had with this truck. No engine surging thru this whole episode however and I will take that. The truck is running as good as it ever has other than these glitches.    

.025 last time I checked about 3 weeks ago when I changed my battery cables. Since I was banging on the wiring harness while searching for the socket I dropped, it leads me to believe that is the problem. Still could be the sensor and that why I ordered one. The temp sensor righting itself after 10 years was pretty exciting though. That one still blows my mind.

Put a new MAP sensor in today. It cleared most of my smoke issues up. Ran the comp on 3X3 with very little. Before 3X1 was very smokey at lower rpm. Temp gauge seemed to holding too although I did see it drop to about 170 once. Punched several times and it did set a 236 code. Not sure why since the Comp should be boost fooling. 30 psi is the max I saw but was not watching the gauge to closely.

• Owner
2 hours ago, dripley said:

Punched several times and it did set a 236 code. Not sure why since the Comp should be boost fooling.

If it trips again double check your MAP sensor plugs. Then if it trips again then you need to consider having the Edge Comp sent in for warranty work or service. The boost fooler is having issues.

• Thanks 1

So I go to leave Sunday headed back to Maryland and the truck is in limp mode with a 237 code. Drove about 7 miles and got 236 code. Stopped and put some ice in the cooler. Then cleared the codes and the 237 came back very quickly and it staid in limp mode. Noticed one other thing and that was the SGII was reading a constant 14.6 psi on the MAP, assuming atmospheric pressure,  never saw that number on it ever and it never changed. The SG has never read the boost right but it has always moved usually in the high 20's to the low 30's as I recall. To late to do much last night.

Got up this am and disconnected the Comp and it ran fine. Came back from that little ride and hooked the Comp back up and it ran fine. The SG was reading in the high 20's to the mid 30's on the map. I did exercise the all the connectors for the comp this time. Hoping that is the issue because for now I have to get back to work.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1