• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So just wondering if anyone's heard of any problems towing with the xzt on level 3? Reading through some of the manuals for the edge ez and it recommends NEVER towing on level 3 and with these two boxes being quite similar it got me wondering. Not sure if that's just a legal/responsibility thing that they use to cover themselves when people try turning up the power and towing and causing damage to their trucks or what, but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, trreed said:

Looks good!  do you like the 4th gen style mirrors?  I'm thinking of getting a set but I'm still on the fence yet.

I love em! Don't think I could drive the truck without them. The main glass is huge and the convex mirrors on the outside are so nice to have when backing up.

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

IMG_5238.JPG

Your not setup very well in that picture. Trailer tongue is high. Nose pointing upwards and swatting... :poke:

Yea yea I know! Still had a tiny squat. Although it's exaggerated in this pic, measuring wheel wells they were exactly level. I would've lowered the trailer on the hitch but I was borrowing it and the owner preferred me to not move it since it was setup for him. Figured it wasn't that far off and I wasn't driving far so I didn't argue.

10 hours ago, trreed said:

My main concern is my ability to transition from the little corner blind spot mirror to an independent, full length convex mirror... but I do need a replacement set, so what the hell lol

I went from the stock non-tow mirrors to this so huge adjustment. Took a couple drives to get fully used to the view angled and what not and then it was no looking back. Backing up now I only use the convex mirror as I can see all the way down the side of th truck, rear tire and the lines I'm backing into.

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Backing up now I only use the convex mirror as I can see all the way down the side of th truck, rear tire and the lines I'm backing into.

That's the main reason I want them.  Good to know about the visibility!

Forgot to mention, trans temps were around 130-150* the entire time on the freeway. In town it'd get up to around 160* but not much over. Only time I saw over 190 was after attempting to back up into a spot I know I couldn't make but the guy parking me thought I could. :doh: