• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to import / Export custom tunes in the IQuad App

Me78569

It's muhc better because it shows you what it is doing.  I'd say %95 of the time the app connects within 5-10 seconds and starts loading the tune.  

What you dont see with the old app is hte tune load process.  that takes ~45 seconds, which on the old app makes it seem like the app is not connecting.  

• Like 1

So there is something up, there are only 43 tuning variables in the v2 tuning.    

Please delete that tune, load hte default tune, wait 5 minutes, go to the custom tune menu, create new, name it whatever, then export that tune and upload it so I can see what those 2 extra variables are.

that's what is causing this hang.

Okay i did that, and i also went in and counted and it does have 45 of them and nothing has changed everything is still the same as its always been. I tried to upload the tune.  Also ive noticed in the ez tune builder the maximum pump stretch range im getting is like from 1200-1800. The parameters in the app on mine is 4000-6000?

iQuad-test-2017-12-19-10.43.021395022030.json

I have a 4k v2 box.  The box is 6 months old, i had a problem with it begining of this month. My truck wouldnt start and all my lights on dash stayed on no matter what.  After days, i found out there was a short in the box.  Took it off sent to quadzilla, the replaced the board. Sent it back and now having this problem.  Im wondering if when they replaced the board if they didnt replace it with the v2? Im really not sure

ok,  

Well that explains stuff alittle.  I would reflash with V2 4k flash to ensure.  what you are seeing on the app tells me that the box does not have the same tuning variables as the app is expecting.   

Easiest way to check if you have V2 loaded or not is to load the default tune driver around, then go to the datalog.  What does it show in the builddate?  if it shows 0 then you dont have v2

It's very easy to flash with v2 just follow the directions in the link 

v2 flash

Edited by Me78569

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry but this is way too complicated. I’ve tried and failed several times to download the files. Can’t we just go back to posting our tunes here like we used to until quadzilla has a streamlined way of importing and downloading tunes figured out.

Edited by crf450ish

The tunes are posted int he tune section.  

The tune inport is there if you want to use it.  I don't know why it crashes but you are not forced to use it.

Please remember you can use the default tune and only the default tune in the same way as the edge.  If you don't want to mess with the tuning that's fine, just leave it set to default.

I just don’t understand why it doesn’t work the way it’s supoosed to. All I want to do is try a tune out on the standard tune repository but I can’t because of some unknown problem. I’m a welder, not a computer programmer so I really don’t understand what’s going on. 

I dont know whats going on either, it's nearly impossible to troubleshoot remotely.    There are a ton of tunes in the custom tune thread.   

The tunes are ment to be a "starting point" kinda thing, but it would be pretty rare for one guys tune to work well on another guys truck.   IE you wouldn't want to run Mopar1973man's eco tune on your truck, because you have stock injectors and it would be a dog.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm on android 5 (cheap amazon fire 7" tablet) and it won't link to the iquad app so i'm stuck. Also something is misreporting my vehicle speed 10-15mph off, but I need to track that down, I had my tire size and driveline in correct and it used to be fine, but either a newer flash or app is getting it wrong

• Owner
11 hours ago, beren said:

Also something is misreporting my vehicle speed 10-15mph off, but I need to track that down, I had my tire size and driveline in correct and it used to be fine, but either a newer flash or app is getting it wrong

Confirmed. Mine is off by at least 2 MPH compared to GPS and the cluster. 99.7" tires and 3.55 gears. 

11 hours ago, beren said:

I'm on android 5 (cheap amazon fire 7" tablet) and it won't link to the iquad app so i'm stuck.

Can't be using old technology. Like I've got an LG G5 cellphone (released on April 23, 2016). I know that LG plans on releasing Android 8 (Oreo) update for the LG G5. Like MoparMom's LG G4 phone will not get the update because its too old (release date April 29, 2015). My old Azpen A729 tablet I had to retire early because of the fact it was only $40 buck the software was also older Android. It didn't display the gauge needles at all.

Eh I'm keeping it for now just have to figure something out, it's rooted so I could edit the files directly or something. Would be nice to keep the import button around for android users since iOS has nothing to do with it :)

No, my speed is off in iQuad but the dash is 100% correct. I had the speedo calibrated for my tires by the dealer. It's the newer flash I believe. I went from last July's or August's flat to January's and it was off. I updated to last week's and it's still off. I downgraded the app to .29 and it's still off, so something is wrong with the iquad reading the speed :-(