• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to import / Export custom tunes in the IQuad App

Me78569

So I’m trying to import a tune from the site. I’m on a Samsung phone, I can’t download/import them via the button in the app (beta version btw), and I can’t get them to show in custom tunes even when downloading from my gmail. Weirdest part is if I try and open it through my gmail and then save the tune with the same name, it says it already exists but never shows as an option in app. Any suggestions? 

Yes, Samsung has issues. The app store version of the app still has these issues. You will need to get the latest of the Beta versions of the app (soon to be released to the app store) to have the Samsung issue fixed: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_Android_app-release(1.9.41(61)).apk

However, it looks like what you are seeing is something a little different (possibly). If you download a tune for a different vehicle profile on Android, it won't show up in the list of custom tunes, but it still will reserve the name. If you change vehicle profiles to the one that it matches it should show up in that list. 

On iPhone, it doesn't do this, but it is a problem in that you can activate a custom tune that isn't for this vehicle profile and potentially have mis-matched tuning parameters. 

4 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Yes, Samsung has issues. The app store version of the app still has these issues. You will need to get the latest of the Beta versions of the app (soon to be released to the app store) to have the Samsung issue fixed: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_Android_app-release(1.9.41(61)).apk

However, it looks like what you are seeing is something a little different (possibly). If you download a tune for a different vehicle profile on Android, it won't show up in the list of custom tunes, but it still will reserve the name. If you change vehicle profiles to the one that it matches it should show up in that list. 

On iPhone, it doesn't do this, but it is a problem in that you can activate a custom tune that isn't for this vehicle profile and potentially have mis-matched tuning parameters. 

So have you found a good way to import the quadzilla tune to the IOS app? When I try to download the tune via safari all I get is this

D5933859-D324-4011-A19E-B532CBD8975C.png

5014B46A-CF9E-41D0-A86D-6F0C7B6EE142.png

434A1504-5B8A-4275-86D7-48E1F38A1A39.png

On 3/7/2018 at 12:59 AM, dchunter44 said:

I found out how to download and load the tunes into the quadzilla app every time on an IPhone! Comment if you want me to make a video or type it out...

Let’s hear it buddy! I’m looking to import some tunes for my new set up 

All you have to do is Download file on a WINDOWS computer. Then email the file to yourself. Open the file using the GMAIL APP not using safari. Then click on the file you emailed yourself. Press on the share button. Slide across until you see “copy to iquad”. Works everytime. Let me know if you have a problem with it. 

Edited by dchunter44

5 hours ago, dchunter44 said:

All you have to do is Download file on a WINDOWS computer. Then email the file to yourself. Open the file using the GMAIL APP not using safari. Then click on the file you emailed yourself. Press on the share button. Slide across until you see “copy to iquad”. Works everytime. Let me know if you have a problem with it. 

Once I get around a windows computer I will try this for sure! Hopefully it works this would be awesome

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

did you try the ios directions on the first page?

Tried, but that’s All that pops up after I hit download. I don’t have a copy option st all

13 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

So I tried opening that .apk and it had zipped files. Tried unzipping them all but it failed so I did them one by one but couldn’t find the app. Newest version I found was 1.9.41(59) and I still had the same issue. I have V2 Dodge 1998-2002 version 2.7 selected as my vehicle. Any other suggestions?

5 hours ago, notlimah said:

So I tried opening that .apk and it had zipped files. Tried unzipping them all but it failed so I did them one by one but couldn’t find the app. Newest version I found was 1.9.41(59) and I still had the same issue. I have V2 Dodge 1998-2002 version 2.7 selected as my vehicle. Any other suggestions?

Someone else should correct me if I’m wrong but for v2 I’m running 2.5? Try that and see if it makes a difference I thought I read something about 2.7 having problema

5 hours ago, notlimah said:

Someone else should correct me if I’m wrong but for v2 I’m running 2.5? Try that and see if it makes a difference I thought I read something about 2.7 having problema

Also, regarding loading a tune on iOS. The easiest way that we have been able to do it is to mail the tune to ourselves. When we opened it on iPhone 4 mail app and then open the attachment we see this: 

5aa80e920aa85_photo1.PNG.140aa73ac1e046c7c34f292a5605b9ad.PNG

Click on the highlighted icon to open up the sharing button. It will load up options of programs to share to. Like this: 

5aa80ebbaddd7_photo2.PNG.ec70bbf97f4f4b9750428fb70d60040a.PNG

When you see that, simply choose the Open in iQuad option and you should be good to go. 

Update for the iPhone implements a twirly when loading tunes or saving parameters. It will also give the option to reset to defaults if loading tune parameters fail. (i.e. when trying to load a V2 tune to a Legacy tuned Adrenaline it will fail a lot). 

9 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

App is now updated in the google play store. You should be able to get it from there and have it work just fine. 

As soon as Apple gets the app reviewed the update will be released to the App store as well. 

Installed most recent app for play store and still having the same issues. Import button still doesn’t work and my custom tunes aren’t populating even though when I try and save a file with the same exact name it says it exists.