• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to import / Export custom tunes in the IQuad App

Me78569

Android

Some devices don't allow the link of the quad app to the .json file type of the tune.  You can still import manually.

1. Open the quad app

2. go into your custom tune menu

3. click Import in the upper right.Screenshot_20190829-080816.png

4. next a file explorer will open.  Each phone is a bit different, but you want to click the settings in the upper right, then "show internal storage"
Screenshot_20190829-080824.png

5. You will now see this structure.

Screenshot_20190829-080847.png

6.  you can navigate to the downloads folder and click the tune you want.

IOS 

Also, regarding loading a tune on iOS. The easiest way that we have been able to do it is to mail the tune to ourselves. When we opened it on iPhone 4 mail app and then open the attachment we see this: 

5aa80e920aa85_photo1.PNG.140aa73ac1e046c7c34f292a5605b9ad.PNG

Click on the highlighted icon to open up the sharing button. It will load up options of programs to share to. Like this: 

5aa80ebbaddd7_photo2.PNG.ec70bbf97f4f4b9750428fb70d60040a.PNG

When you see that, simply choose the Open in iQuad option and you should be good to go. 

Update for the iPhone implements a twirly when loading tunes or saving parameters. It will also give the option to reset to defaults if loading tune parameters fail. (i.e. when trying to load a V2 tune to a Legacy tuned Adrenaline it will fail a lot). 

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

With iOS it's a bit tricky.  Sometimes it has allowed me to "copy to IQuad" through Google Drive while most of the time this fails.  The best luck that I have had is importing from email.  So same process above but once you've downloaded the tune, email it to yourself and open it up on your iOS device.  From there you will want to click and hold until the menu comes up and from there you should see "copy to IQuad." I will try to get some pictures up for reference.

So essentially the same both ways.  If the import fails or it does not bring up the right screen then you will want to make sure you have the right tune profile selected compared to what you're importing.  This is where things will get a little tricky and again hopefully something we can help with here soon.

image.png

Edited by Carbur8tr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you have the wrong vehicle profile selected in the app.  All the tunes hosted here are for the 2.5 1998-2002 profile.  

You can open the downloaded json tune file and change the name from 2.5 1998-2002 to the profile you are using and make it show up.