• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alright I know it's been brought up in past, now that more time gone by I'd like to hear more on ways of balancing tires. Mainly I'm interested in people that use balancing beeds like counteract. I used them in trailer before and honestly couldn't tell you the difference as it never gave me problems before. I also used it in a suburban of some one I know and rode in it with good results. I am now thinking of getting rid of waights on my truck and using them. My few year old wheels are starting to get that aluminum corrosion under waights on wheels so I want to use beeds jus need some more imput. 

5 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yeah that's what I think people that have problems with them, just don't put enough in. I think for like what I got 285/70/17 6oz should be close.

It's very obvious if you don't have enough - it'll have a nice vibration.

I wonder if it's nassesary to use different valve stems, I didn't last time but not sure if it's a long term side effects. 

Nevermind got on their website and it said it could cause valve core to be opened and they recommend using theirs that comes with the beeds, I had 2 per bag. And the amount is 6 oz 

http://www.counteractbalancing.com/applications/

Edited by Dieselfuture

Got waights off and put beeds in, put about 150 ml on, seems to be working. I gutted my water separator and air choke and also drilled a bigger hole in air choke. Worked well as long as put smaller amounts in filter housing and shook it ss bids were going in. Can only do it in 10 or so second increments or tire fills up with air and beeds don't flow as good. Much quicker then using vibrator, no dirty thinking please. 

597bb1666d603_2017-07-2816_40_49.jpg.314404204f73a8a849cd75b6125b2e3c.jpg

And found a surprise under some loose paint, just one side other is solid:think:

597bb177cdad1_2017-07-2816_40_15.jpg.799cacadfe94f43f46c88fce114e2af0.jpg

• Staff

I have counteracts in both sets of truck tires and am very happy! 

I ran centramatics for a while too they are just as good. I only removed them because of issues on rotations with Les Schwab. They consider them a spacer and they won't touch anything with wheel spacers...  PITA, but whatever. My summer tires are 125lbs a piece and Schwab is 1 1/4 miles away, so I sold them. 

I still have centramatics on the TT and the tires wear better and the stuff inside doesn't move as much. 

• Like 2

I put about 500ml now, didn't feel any vibration. When I put them in I noticed some waights on inside were missing, maybe that's why I started to feel slight vibration. I like the idea of tires being balanced daily, like if you take a small chunk our on accident it will be alright. 

• Staff

Yes the constantly updated balance is awesome. Tire balance points change as a tire wears so the weight should too. 

I have a friend with the same 19.5's I do and it took him 3 attempts at a balance before he was happy and they still aren't quite as smooth as mine. 

• Like 1

I also run 19.5s and use beads and am very happy with the ride.  I think I paid about 8 bux a tire for the beads.  You can't get a spin balance on a tire for that kind of money.

If you ever have a flat and have to open the tire up it means you replace the beads with new.

If you run the Centramatics you don't loose any weights if you have to remove the tire for repair or replacement.

I think Centramatics will run around $190 or so.

After I got done with tires,  I put new front abs sensors in and regressed my front wheel bearings. Pumped grease in through grease zerk and rotated bearing till it was clean then I used old vacuum and sucked all access grease out. Still have break abs light on, may have to go through several key cycles to get rid of it, if not then who cares it's still tite and greased. One sensor came out in 2 pieces. 598274de35b85_2017-08-0206_39_44.jpg.fab40f0d89a7d65837d2fb3466f3e0b8.jpg

598274e7c10e3_2017-08-0206_39_23.jpg.63f400c5c0d69fa643e00d3bf4595fa4.jpg

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:
10 hours ago, trreed said:

Wait what was the surprise.  I'm not smart enough to find it

Rust :kick:

Ohhhhh. I'm so used to Minnesota vehicles I looked right past that! That rust isn't bad at all.  You still have paint on most of it!

Edited by trreed
  • Haha 2