• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Here is what is happening for my truck. Any power level above ZERO and any tune including DEFAULT tune will do this. ZERO level is clean and smooth no issues. Reflashed my Quadzilla with the current tune and even dumped my iQuad App and reinstalled.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Bigger the injectors the worse it gets. Stock you can't hear it or feel it. The 75HP VCOs now really produce a nasty miss. Checked a few time 0 level is clean but any level above 0 will prosuce the problem.

Mike I have bigger injectors than you. But mine is very quiet, so I'm currently ignoring it. 

test for me and see if it goes away once you top 1000 rpm.  There is a "smoothing" function in place to average the fueling below 1000 rpm if you do throttle input.  I am thinking maybe this might be causing the issues. 

Another one of those fix one thing break another.

that would double the fuel and cause a brief run away or touchy throttle situtation.    The above functions averages what hte ecm wants and what the users tune wants right off idle to prevent stalling.

@Mopar1973Man

Can you try this flash and see if it is better?  I have disabled the smoothing function below 900 rpm.  I think that may be causing the issue.

ADRV2testnosmoothing.exe

• Owner
15 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Hey Mike, 

Are you running the default tune or a custom tune? Could it be case of going in and out of "tuning" with the timing? Do  you have a data-log of it? 

Let try to data log again. The last one I email mailed to myself disappeared into thin air.

I can't run any custom tune now it will crash the iQuad App. As before the crash problem it did matter what tune you used it was the same problem on any level above ZERO.

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I can't run any custom tune now it will crash the iQuad App. As before the crash problem it did matter what tune you used it was the same problem on any level above ZERO.

Try these steps,  

Open the iquad app to the tune menu, Click the home button on the phone -> apps-> downloads _> click the tune in question and load it into iquad app.  

• Owner
6 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Did you grab the latest binary from app store?

Yes.

are you on a previous version of the app?

No.

I figured out last night that after you apply the tune you wait for a minute or so you should be able to apply a change in power level.

Doesn't matter. I can shut down wait 30 seconds. Start everything up. wait another 30 second touch power level up or down and it crashes the iQuad app. Now the recovery method I found to get back to Default tune is to shut down the crashed app. Quickly fire up the app again go in and change to default tune. Shut down the app again after waiting about 30-60 second for it to bluetooth over. Then when you fire back up it works again. 

Also noticed that any custom tune the app has serious trouble making connection. Some time its 3-4 try before it hooks up on custom tunes. But if you flip back to DEFAULT then it nearly instantly it pops right up so there is nasty code hanging the app up.

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Try these steps,  

Open the iquad app to the tune menu, Click the home button on the phone -> apps-> downloads _> click the tune in question and load it into iquad app.  

Does nothing the tune never shows up in the list. If you repeat with the same name it says the tune already exist but nothing is in the tune list.

Edited by Mopar1973Man