• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

So from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm the quad "fights" oem timing.  The closer you are to 1000 rpm the more oem timing you get as RPM come up to 1500 the more quadzilla timing you get.  

So if rpm is at 1250 and oem timing is asking for 16*, but your 1500 setting is 14* you will be getting 15*.  If oem is asking for 11* and 1500 is 14* then you will be getting 12.5*

Fuel load timing is not used until after 1500 rpm and light throttle timing is not used until after 1200 rpm.

as RPMS approach 1500 you will see timing approach your 1500 setting.  It may be dropping or it may be increasing depending on what OEM is doing.  

I am digging into the code giving this code a once over looking for any issues.    would you say you bucking is when timing is increasing towards the 1500 setting or decreasing towards thee 1500 setting?

• Owner

Even after two updates. The roughness is still there. Easy to detect if you hold the throttle at 1,100 RPM's then while holding the hold steady just go from level 0 to level 2 and you'll feel the engine start to skip and miss. Turn back to zero and the miss/shake is gone. 

@Me78569 to bad your not going to the eclipse event... You could look this over...

Just got a chance to run this test. No issues for me. 

Mike, where is your VP from?  Mine is a Midwest Injection unit, and I had some timing issues at around 500 miles. Sent it in for warranty and they replaced the key. No issues since

1 hour ago, JDHudsn said:

I had a lope when going from a stop while letting out the clutch. This latest tune cleared that up right away. Tuck also idles notably smoother. 

If I'm not mistaken, that's because @Me78569 disabled the anti-stall feature in the latest tune.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:16 AM, Me78569 said:

Can other people reproduce this issue?  I can sit at 1100 all day long and it just purrs away.  

Let me know

I can't seem to feel any sputter, but I do have an issue with quad crashing for no reason not even touching any buttons. Keeps showing this

599107891a7b9_2017-08-1321_10_25.jpg.9d3540204a601f58145b3d06cb5c5279.jpg

And even if I unpair it from quad it still does it, like the app itself is caput. I tried it with s6 that is dedicated to quad and after not having any luck used s5 my phone and same thing, after a while I got the s5 to work, and later decided to try s6 and same thing so then switched back to s5 and s5 don't want to work so another 10 min later got the s5 to work. I think problem is in apk because before this last update it only crashed when switching levels too soon and now I'll be driving and not even touching anything and it can stop working, so whatever happened in last update whether it's flash or apk something got screwed up. I know others having same problems. Read reviews in app store. Using 1998-2002 v2 in vehicle selection. 

45 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I can't seem to feel any sputter, but I do have an issue with quad crashing for no reason not even touching any buttons. Keeps showing this

599107891a7b9_2017-08-1321_10_25.jpg.9d3540204a601f58145b3d06cb5c5279.jpg

And even if I unpair it from quad it still does it, like the app itself is caput. I tried it with s6 that is dedicated to quad and after not having any luck used s5 my phone and same thing, after a while I got the s5 to work, and later decided to try s6 and same thing so then switched back to s5 and s5 don't want to work so another 10 min later got the s5 to work. I think problem is in apk because before this last update it only crashed when switching levels too soon and now I'll be driving and not even touching anything and it can stop working, so whatever happened in last update whether it's flash or apk something got screwed up. I know others having same problems. Read reviews in app store. Using 1998-2002 v2 in vehicle selection. 

I was having a similar issue with my Samsung galaxy tab. I turned it to airplane mode with Bluetooth enabled and it has seemed to help quite a bit. Now my app only freezes once a week or so. A simple restart of the device and reconnecting it works for me. Give that a shot and see if you have any improvements.

• Thanks 1

Didn't even think of airplane mode, will give it a try. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

I was having a similar issue with my Samsung galaxy tab. I turned it to airplane mode with Bluetooth enabled and it has seemed to help quite a bit. Now my app only freezes once a week or so. A simple restart of the device and reconnecting it works for me. Give that a shot and see if you have any improvements.

When you say restart, just the app or do you restart phone. I tried everything even shut the truck off and when it didn't help I unplugged quad from battery and it still didn't help. Aventualy it started to work again. 

I haven't been able to mimic the hard shudder like Mike has but I do have a small lope at around 950 rpm with 2% throttle.  Nick I have a video that I will email you here in a bit. 

I still have a slight bucking issue.  It's always around 1150-1250 rpm at very light throttle input and low boost just maintaining speed.  Say I'm cruising along at 55mph and I approach a gradual incline and don't give it throttle, when the rpm drops into the rpm range mentioned above it will start to buck.  It will stop once it down shifts or the second I give it more throttle.  I have been all over the place with timing settings and it made no difference which is why I asked earlier how the quad managed timing below the 1500 rpm setting.   It does seem that all of us with this issue has larger injectors. 

Edited by NoMercy Z06