• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Mopar1973Man

Morimoto HIDs Headlights in a 2nd Generation Dodge

10 hours ago, Explosives87 said:

Mike where did you need up putting your ballast boxes I am looking for some ideas where to put them out of the way?

I bolted mine with SS self tappers on the inside of the fenders, just behind the batterys in a cavity you see when you take lights out. There was just enough room to put 3 screws in from the side through that smaller hole.

20171202_110900.jpg.73b406300f7aca480bc3b8b641d6b110.jpg

On 11/23/2017 at 12:01 AM, Macarena Man said:

Day Time Running Lights ..... compatible ?

On 11/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Aren't Halo's considered daytime running lights? You might check your local laws. 

Yes they are.

I didn't like the look of a big gap around eBay special housings, so I got a tube of black silicone from menards for 3 bucks and filled the gap. I figured it will come off easily enough if I wanted to pill it off. Looks much better imo. 

20171230_161416.jpg.643f22843a95ce9072c4121d03e7d678.jpg

On 12/28/2017 at 8:22 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Well... Ummmm... Errr... Just zip tied to the handle holes of the batteries... That another job I've got to do yet.

I bolted mine to the radiator support.

Went to install my hid and found out that harness is coming up short to the driver side. Anyone run into this problem or has everyone had plenty of wire left over to wire from either side?

No issues here. Plenty of wire to travel driver side to passenger running along the top of the radiator zip tied to the battery cable.

Posted (edited)

Well nuts I am about 6 inch to short. Where has everyone mounted the controller for the harness? 

Edited by Explosives87

12 minutes ago, Explosives87 said:

Well nuts I am about 6 inch to short. Where has everyone mounted the controller for the harness? 

Mine are in the fender gap behind batteries, and yeah wire is not long enough to go on top of the radiator then, I pulled it between radiator and intercooler. 

The bulk of my light harness is mounted to the passenger side battery tray. I ran the harness underneath the fan shroud with just barely enough to reach the driver's side. It took a few tries to get the harness to fit without being stressed. 

That is the issue that i am running into  whether i go over, under or straight across i am coming up short. I wonder if maybe i have a harness that was build short.

I am going to try and be creative and see is I can make it work before I get a the harness extension from the retrofit source. 

my controller is on the passenger side, then the wires run up next to the battery cross over cable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Explosives87 said:

I am going to try and be creative and see is I can make it work before I get a the harness extension from the retrofit source. 

What they have an extension, I'll have to look into it, then I'll probably run it on top of radiator. 

@Me78569 why do I always see a quote at the bottom of your post, is it something you did or is my phone tweaking out.

Screenshot_20180102-213326.png.3f0a7c0e03b2520b552ac22b057c98f6.png

lol it's my sig, just a random qoute

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

:lmao:good I thought I was going nuts.

Correction...

11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

:lmao:good I thought Me78569 was going nuts.

• Like 1

a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away Me78569 was still sane.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We know you leave in your own world, I do too at times,  but it's okay they know us there.

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Correction...

Man why you put words in my mouth, haha just kidding. 

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

59 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Man why you put words in my mouth, haha just kidding. 

Rantings of a madman... (Maniacal laughter...) :stirthepot:

HIDs are a fun project, especially if you DIY. You can do cheap $20 mini H1s, decent $50 ones or super nice $125 Morimoto r7 H1s. If you want d2s you can get the same as morimoto from the manufacturer on AliExpress for $80 but they require a bit more work with our headlights, the bulb openings need to be enlarged. Great ballasts can be got from DLT, the Fast Brights are great and only about $40/pair just make sure you don't get knockoffs :) 4500k bulbs give the most light, anything over about 5500k/6000k gets real blue and is less light, and increases the chance you get pulled over. HIDplanet is a great resource for all kinds of DIY and custom/exotic installs. I saw a lawn mower there with a 35W HID projector :-)

On 10/12/2017 at 11:53 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I really could have used those PIAA lights tonight. Came home in a snowstorm and had to keep my low beam on. So between looking at the snow coming at you and limited field of light still my Morimotos were brighter than my old 100w aircraft light but still not a good field of light. I'm going to be making some phone calls in the morning to PIAA.

I know its old, but you can buy/make projector fog lights, they do very well. They are sealed units so no water can get in. There's also some good LED round fog lights that i hear do very well, morimoto sells them but if you look you can find some of the good ones on amazon/ebay as well.