• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morimoto HIDs Headlights in a 2nd Generation Dodge

I switched pins and now everything is as it should be.

I'm currently removing the relays I had installed to keep from melting my headlight switch since they are no longer needed and happen to be located right where one of the ballasts needs to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Explosives87 said:

Where did you source your housing?

I got them from Amazon. SPPC Crystal Headlights Black With Corner Light For Dodge Ram - (Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBIAC3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_6N2HU7OzdHBNS

Do NOT even bother using them without the projectors as the reflectors are complete trash. They also have these stupid caps that cover the tips of the stock halogen lights that need to be removed. They are held on with a single philips head screw so removing them is easy. After they are removed you will see a pillar which must be cut off in order for the projectors to fit properly. The chrome reflector scratches VERY easily so either be really careful or do what I did and paint it matte black. 

All in all they work great with the projectors and are pretty cheap at ~$80 shipped. 

1 hour ago, The_Hammer said:

I got them from Amazon. SPPC Crystal Headlights Black With Corner Light For Dodge Ram - (Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBIAC3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_6N2HU7OzdHBNS

Do NOT even bother using them without the projectors as the reflectors are complete trash. They also have these stupid caps that cover the tips of the stock halogen lights that need to be removed. They are held on with a single philips head screw so removing them is easy. After they are removed you will see a pillar which must be cut off in order for the projectors to fit properly. The chrome reflector scratches VERY easily so either be really careful or do what I did and paint it matte black. 

All in all they work great with the projectors and are pretty cheap at ~$80 shipped. 

Ok thank you for the link. Did you go with the D2 or the H1?

@Explosives87

I went with the H1's as they are much easier to install and put out a ton of light. I would also highly recommend you order the retro rubber adhesive. It's only $12, makes reattaching the lenes stupid easy, and one roll will do about 4 of our headlights.

Edited by The_Hammer

• 1 month later...

When installing my Retro shop units I stumbled onto a way to position the units in place w/o the need to move the bumper. You need to remove the black plastic top and then it takes sliding the old units out forward and sideways without tilting the unit much. There's a very narrow path to get the majority of the housing out from the fender then out sideways. I did it once then took me an hour to replicate it again. I should've videoed it. Hopefully I don't need to do it again. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Explosives87 said:

Mike where did you need up putting your ballast boxes I am looking for some ideas where to put them out of the way?

I bolted mine with SS self tappers on the inside of the fenders, just behind the batterys in a cavity you see when you take lights out. There was just enough room to put 3 screws in from the side through that smaller hole.

20171202_110900.jpg.73b406300f7aca480bc3b8b641d6b110.jpg