• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morimoto HIDs Headlights in a 2nd Generation Dodge

• Owner
Just now, Dieselfuture said:

Wow goes all the way up to 30k, that wouldn't just blind a deer it will make deer jerky.

Actually, from what I read on the Internet the 5k is the brightest light you can get for the most part. As you go up from there the amount of light is reduced as it changes to blue and violet colors. As you go down past 3k the light turns more yellow and the light is reduced again. So the 4k to 5k realm is about the brightest you can get. The 4k is more to the yellowish side where the 5k is more to the bluish side. 

• 2 months later...

Hey I just want to hear update on how the lights are holding up? Also what are peoples thoughts on a set of sport housings with the d2s and a set of led pod? like rigid or baja led 4x4 pods? I found a place out of Boise that would retrofit a set of led pods and d2s in a set of sports housing for me.

Edited by Explosives87

• Owner

So far I'm very impressed and happy with my D2S Morimoto HID's still got the 5k bulbs going and no issues with bulbs so far. I would skip the LED idea. It's a very non-focused bulb with lots of scattering of the beam. Like I'm planning on retro fitting a set of PIAA LED driving lights in to replace my old school aircraft landing lights. The Morimoto D2S bulbs drown out the 100w seal beam halogen blubs.

http://www.piaa.com/RF3LED

piaa-07603-rf3-led-dual-hr.jpg?bw=1000&w

• Owner

Like I'm learning about LED lighting that most of the light bars can't be aimed again very blinding. Like I posted above the the PIAA RF series LED light that CAN be aimed and focused. I CAN use these even in my LOW BEAM.

PIAA LED RFT Technology

The advantages are clear:

• More controlled beam patterns directing the light exactly where you need it.
  • Lower power consumption than traditional forward facing LED lightbars.
  • Bright 6000k White light that replicates daylight to illuminate the road and the trail.
  • SAE Compliance for Street Legality.
  • Compact and durable, with the cast aluminum housings and polycarbonate lenses.
Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I really could have used those PIAA lights tonight. Came home in a snowstorm and had to keep my low beam on. So between looking at the snow coming at you and limited field of light still my Morimotos were brighter than my old 100w aircraft light but still not a good field of light. I'm going to be making some phone calls in the morning to PIAA.