• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Switched to Quadzilla iQuad!

Cronus577

So about a year ago I had purchased an Edge Juice With Attitude and a CS2 monitor while on the search for a bump in performance. Before that I had an old Diablo power puck, the power gains were definitely noticeable. I went on driving with the EJWA and loved the power it made but hated the amount of smoke it produced. During my last deployment I was reading up on here and I kept seeing Mopar1973man's article about switching over to a Quadzilla and the different features that were available with it and I thought to my self "It can't be better than my EJWA, they're both wiretap tuners". I did a little more research and saw that the V2 tuning was going to allow for custom tunes which my tuner at the time did not and I knew that would be a handy feature for when I put on my compound setup. I decided to go ahead and pull the plug on the Quadzilla iQuad just to test it out to see if it would live up to the hype, even though I had my doubts. 

I got around to pulling my EJWA yesterday and hooked up the Quadzilla with the Standard Fuel tune, setup my phone with my gauges, and took off for a test drive. I was absolutely blown away, I thought there would be very minimal changes on how the truck was going to drive but I was dead WRONG. I noticed a huge reduction in low boost smoke, exactly what I wanted! :hyper:  But not only that, the amount of power it delivers is also a day and night difference. I'm legitimately scared to do any pulls at WOT. The way the Quadzilla handles timing and fueling feels completely different than the EJWA. The engine idles smoother and the power kicks in much harder. I'm pretty sure I'm slipping the clutch on level 10 at 50% throttle, something the EJWA never did at level 5 at 100% throttle. (Good thing I have a Velair DD waiting to go in this week). 

The truck now feels like an absolute animal and I can't wait to start messing with the custom tuning when I put in my compound setup this week. Now all I need is some 3.54/3.55 gearing so that I can get even better gas mileage during my frequent 8 hour drives from New Mexico to San Antonio, I just hope I don't get into any trouble with this beast. :burnout:

• Like 3

Welcome to the club.  We are all still learning what our trucks like.  

If you thought the default tune pulled hard wait until you get into the timing tuning.  I recently found out my truck likes a lot more timing than I thought.

Anyways I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Welcome to the club.  We are all still learning what our trucks like.  

If you thought the default tune pulled hard wait until you get into the timing tuning.  I recently found out my truck likes a lot more timing than I thought.

Anyways I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

I'll have to check out different tunes once I get the compound turbos, DD clutch and build NV4500 in the truck!

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As soon as I get my weirdness dealt with I'm going back to tapping the pump and moving forward.

Do note I'm working on the download area currently trying to resolve issues at hand mostly for mobile users.

I have a zip file with a bunch of tunes that I found online. I tried using Quadzilla's website where they list all the different tunes available but couldn't figure out how to download them. So a download repository would be really nice!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the cool review. Sounds like I really need to get on the train. How far have the tune revisions come year after year? Still improving year on year? I assume the tunes in the DL section here are only made by members. Are the member's tunes considerably better than what's on the official site? Probably dumb questions so ignore if you will.

Edited by rogerash0

• Owner

Seriously... Timing is a key factor in high MPGs and performance. The whole thing that is that you don't want too much timing and blow the head gasket or too little and being wasteful. Like my latest change looks promising but it pretty steep timing. Running about 23.2 degrees at 65 MPH in 5th gear. Amazing high running 55 MPH in 4th like 24 degrees. Need to run this tank and see the results but looking good. Strange to see lower EGTs yet.

That sounds pretty high, I wonder if there is a big range of static timing changes between rebuilt pumps. It's almost like we need a fool proof way to find that zero reference for everybody's trucks.

I'm confident that a 2° change in injection timing in your truck is the same as a 2° change in injection timing in my truck. But what I don't know, is what both of our trucks think 0° btdc is. 

Your 25° btdc isn't the same as my 25° btdc. But our CHANGE in °btdc is probably the same. I hope that makes a little bit of sense. Figure out how to equalize the 0° reference between trucks, and our timing tunes may be more useful between trucks.

Edited by kzimmer
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1