• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Switched to Quadzilla iQuad!

Cronus577

On 10/7/2017 at 8:36 PM, kzimmer said:

That sounds pretty high, I wonder if there is a big range of static timing changes between rebuilt pumps. It's almost like we need a fool proof way to find that zero reference for everybody's trucks.

I'm confident that a 2° change in injection timing in your truck is the same as a 2° change in injection timing in my truck. But what I don't know, is what both of our trucks think 0° btdc is. 

Your 25° btdc isn't the same as my 25° btdc. But our CHANGE in °btdc is probably the same. I hope that makes a little bit of sense. Figure out how to equalize the 0° reference between trucks, and our timing tunes may be more useful between trucks.

Look in the MOPAR catalog some time and how many keyway options there are.

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
1 hour ago, gipperkid said:

Would the V2 be beneficial on a basically stock truck, leaving it untapped?

Still even untapped you gain the control of better fueling curve custom fitted to your needs. Then you can set your own timing curve that fits your driving style. That is the problem with all the older boxed tuners like Edge. You basically took the tune they build and had to be happy with it. Quadzilla you can still adjust both the timing and fuel curves for just the CANBus. I'm still currently untapped on my VP44 and running +75HP 7x0.0085 injectors. 

Well here's a question. I haven't installed the 50 HP injectors yet. Would it be fine to go step up to a larger injector with the HX turbo and use the V2 to limit fueling? Then when funds allow the trans and turbo to get upgraded, adjust the tune accordingly.

Edited by gipperkid

Just now, Me78569 said:

yes you can do what you want in the tune.  I doubt you will have to do much to "control" the 50's.   at this point I recommend nothing less than 7 x .010's

Well the injectors have been on the shelf for over a year. Too many irons in the fire all the time. With my truck down needing a VP44, I was going to do injectors and adjust the valves. So I figure since the valve cover will be off, instead of doing injectors twice, just sell the 50's and go bigger.

2 hours ago, gipperkid said:

Well here's a question. I haven't installed the 50 HP injectors yet. Would it be fine to go step up to a larger injector with the HX turbo and use the V2 to limit fueling? Then when funds allow the trans and turbo to get upgraded, adjust the tune accordingly.

I'd say go for it.

Yes. That's the beauty of the V2 tuning. And then if you ever step up in turbo or injector size again, it's easy to retune again.

Sorry, got all excited and responded before all the other responses loaded. 

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

The struggle is real :)   

I understand.  The quadzilla tuning really shines if you want to play wiht tuning and if you need to control your injectors.   on a near stock truck the perks aren't as big. Of course I want you to run my tuning, but I understand the issues justifying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I also just ditched my edge jwa and switched to the Adrenaline iQuad BT. Im pretty sure this stuff is far to advanced for me as i am not a tech savy guy. Can Someone give me a crash course in loading tunes? I watched the video about downloading from the repository and when i download it says it says i cannot open json files and it doesnt do anything in the quad app. Is there a way to see what settings you guys used and just manually input them? The last thing i want to do is go entering random numbers when i have no clue what I'm doing. Any help would be seriously appreciated. 

I know I'm dumb now but i will learn!

• Owner
3 hours ago, Brignac said:

i cannot open json files and it doesnt do anything in the quad app.

At least with my Android LG G5 cellphone I've found that the iQuad App has to open before clicking on the tune you want to import from the Download App. Then it works just fine. If the iQuad App is not running I get the same results of error or nothing happens.