• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intercooler Boots

I have the silicone intake on mine also. Bought them a good time back and just installed them about a month ago. Thy appeared comparable to the stock ones. 32 psi is the max mines sees. Have had no issues with them. I keep thinking that the reducers I bought were bigger than 3 x 3.5. I did not have to stretch them like @Me78569 said he had to. Slipped on with just a little effort. It would not hurt to measure to be sure. I have 4" stuck in my head, of course I bought mine long ago.

A question for you all. Do the T bolt clamps need to be spring loaded? I see them both ways and one of mine is almost shot.To @903Dodge, that might be your issue as well. Seems to me the boot should not slip off if the clamp is holding like it should.

• Like 1

To put some backing behind it they are holding back over 100psi with my junk. No stock boots though. Those held 70psi with the nuts and factory boots.

I have used vice grips to squeeze them back together. Gotta love corrosion and crap on the threads.

No offense but I finally got to a point to pull the boot and measure it to be sure of the size. 

When I pulled the lower boot I had a little bit of water come out, ( it's been raining a lot here in East Texas) would that be normal because of the humidity in the air?

I guess it could be possible but dont really know that for sure. I just had my inter cooler out of the truck a few weeks ago and found no water in it at all. You might have a leak somewhere. Pressurize it and be sure.

I am curious as to the size you came up with on the lower boot.  

No offense taken on measuring for yourself, pretty sure that is what I did because I heard more than one size before I ordered mine.

Edited by dripley