• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally Smoke and Heat gone...

JAG1

• Staff

I'd bet even Idaho is cooler today. Satilite picture shows a big push of marine air. We've needed this for at least a week as it's been very hot in Oregon too with smoke and humidity way up. Tough to sleep/work in that. This Sunday's coming rain will mark 57 days without rain is about average but I'm hoping it helps put out the fires burning all over the west.

Yall do need some relief out that way. Sitting here in the SE in the middle of August and it is 84* out. We have seen more of this weather than the typical high 90's with alot of humidity. My yard is usually crunchy this time of year, but now it is thick and it takes a a lot sun dry it out so I can mow it. 

• Staff

I think the smoke will clear later today Mike. When looking at the water Vapor tracking it shows Idaho affected by the marine air heading thru Idaho. Hoping anyhow.

Dripley, you get some really magnificent thunderstorms out your way, I understand.

If a turd floater is magnificent then yes we do. I watched once from inside a CFA I built in NW Tennessee. You could not see more that 5 to 7 feet out the window it was raining so hard. Stayed like that for 30 minutes and as it started slacking and we could see the parking lot again. Thats when I noticed my window was down. Took me a week to dry the seat out. Had to keep putting newspaper in seat to keep my butt dry. 

• Haha 3

I know that smoke and haze can be difficult to live with but it does make some wild looking sun sets. We been fortunate out here in the southwest with a short fire season and a wet monsoon season, finally starting to dry out a little. 

Already seen the first snowflakes hit the windshield at about 11000 ft. elevation.

Oh boy!!..  can't wait :(  havnt even got the first load of fire wood yet.

• Staff
5 hours ago, dripley said:

If a turd floater is magnificent then yes we do. I watched once from inside a CFA I built in NW Tennessee. You could not see more that 5 to 7 feet out the window it was raining so hard. Stayed like that for 30 minutes and as it started slacking and we could see the parking lot again. Thats when I noticed my window was down. Took me a week to dry the seat out. Had to keep putting newspaper in seat to keep my butt dry. 

I don't know if you knew this or not but, Dripley, yer not supposed to plumb the sewer line into the parking lot catch basins. lol

52 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I know that smoke and haze can be difficult to live with but it does make some wild looking sun sets. We been fortunate out here in the southwest with a short fire season and a wet monsoon season, finally starting to dry out a little. 

Already seen the first snowflakes hit the windshield at about 11000 ft. elevation.

Oh boy!!..  can't wait :(  havnt even got the first load of fire wood yet.

I have to go get a good come along and pull some logs out of the blackberries and cut them up. I need firewood and this one tree I dropped laying there, has about 3-4 cord in it.

21 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I don't know if you knew this or not but, Dripley, yer not supposed to plumb the sewer line into the parking lot catch basins. lol

I'll have you know it rained so hard the porta john floated and turned over.

• Like 1

• Staff

Woke up this morning 2:34 AM. moments later a faint sound throughout the house, wondering what it was, I went outside and it had just started raining after 57 continious days without . Checked back of truck for any items that shouldn't get wet or any windows left open. It's nice and cool, life is good and I hope the fires go out soon..

Dripley, did you have to moush 'em thru the catch basin grate to get rid of 'em.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Not too soon for me Boss, Working on the hot side all day the high was 70 degrees:thumb1::clap::hyper:Even the cheerleaders were happy:cheerleader:

Smoke all gone at your place Mike?

Edited by JAG1