• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

writing my own tunes

Killer223

So i want to start doing my own tunes. anyone here have a direction for me? what's needed.

i have EFI from anarchy right now, it's good, by all means it's great.

but well i'm a tinkerer. so i'd like to delve into writing some tunes.

do i get a base file? like stock tuning?

do i get a flashscan v2?

MM3?

smarty?

I've tried reading as much as i can from EFI and MM3 but none really answer my questions as what i need to write my own tunes.

• Staff

Personally I like the UDC Pro tuning platform a lot better than EFI. It seems to have more tables available. 

To tune with UDC Pro you would need a Touch and a UDC Pro Dongle... that's it. 

If you dont plan on running Smarty box tunes you can get a MM3 and save some cash. It's a touch without any Smarty tunes. 

so just order and MM3 and it'll come with the software needed with tables? or... i'm not going to run "Box" tunes.

this is more for a adventure into the tuning world than anything.

with MM3 can i change the EB map? how strong it comes on? etc? i've read a few that state you can and some say you cant. i'm also after more timing for mpg's,

like i said it's just to play with.

if you could hook me up with what is needed, and maybe a link. i'd be grateful.

• Staff

You should download UDC Pro and look at all the availabe tables for your MY. There are some exhaust brake tables in UDC Pro for a 2008 G56. 

http://www.madselectronics.com/DownloadUDCProRT.html

The MM3 will allow you to put UDC Pro tunes into your ECM, and have digital gauges. 

http://www.smartyresource.com/mm3.aspx

Edited by AH64ID

1 minute ago, AH64ID said:

Still researching... The Touch is not able to do deletes, but I am not sure on the MM3 yet. 

The MM3 comes with a CommMod so its' actually cheaper than a touch/commod. 

Does mm3 has access to different / more tables than the touch?  I was under the impression that the tuning tool / platform was the same, but the touch had built in canned tunes?  

ok well from what i see, running the WARP software and the UDC, there is an option int he WARP that is not in the UDC. screen shots to fallow, on the left there is a diagnostic option on WARP and it's not there in UDC. all else looks the same.

udc.png

warp.png

and it' sunder said diagnostic options that you can do all kinds of things.. things i have no clue about.

WARP-1.png

well from what i see, i can buy a raceME ultra, at the tune of $1500:omg: then i have to also purchase the Warp license key dongle for another 540$

So if that's it i'm not playing. i could do the raceme, but adding another 540 just be able to write my tunes doesn't sound like it's ever pay for it's self, and mainly all because i want to play with the tuning. kinda as a hobby. leaves much to think on.

• Staff

The $1499 pricing includes the required dongle for custom tuning on warp. The race me without the dongle is 1299. So you "save" 340 by buying the package. 

I just realized you have to login and select US during checkout to get US pricing. Otherwise it looks like it's 1799 euros, since it's a European company. 

Edited by AH64ID