• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla iQuad bluetooth issues

Mopar1973Man

Just this morning my whenever I would open up my iquad app it would show the guage screen for 5-10 seconds then say “unfortunately iquad has stopped working”. It’s been doing it all day and getting very annoying. I just deleted the app and am currently re installing it to see if that helps. Already un hooked the quad and let it sit for a while but that didn’t help.

a lot of times this will happen if you have a tune selected then you move to a different profile and the new profiles tune settings are different. 

When you switch profiles always select "default tune" first that will ensure that when you connect to the new profile it sends the default command rather than all of the tuning variables.  

21 hours ago, Me78569 said:

When you switch profiles always select "default tune" first that will ensure that when you connect to the new profile it sends the default command rather than all of the tuning variables.  

Good to know, I've never loaded default tune always my custom one. 

I've been struggling with connection issues again lately. Can't seem to nail down that problem, it'll be fine for a week, and then take 10-20 tries every day for a week. The fuse tap seems loose and flakey so I'm going to replace it with something more solid, however when I can't connect the quad is still controlling fuelling so I don't know if that's the problem.

-Kole

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Mine is still randomly hit / miss. Some days it hooks up everytime. Other days you have to start the app, shut it down, start it again, shut it down again. It like it does nothing. Not even attempting to hook to the bluetooth. Then eventually it grabs and connects.

Mines the same way. Sometimes takes a while to get it connected so I can see my gauges 

• 3 weeks later...

Connection issues have been very frustrating the last couple weeks. Whenever I get into the truck it takes several key cycles and often several minutes to get the app to connect. Often throw a few android reboots in there too for good measure. But here's the weird thing... Whenever this happens, android Bluetooth manager shows a connection.

Today I went stopped to fuel up, quad running. Shut the truck off (android shuts off too). Started the truck, android boots up, no connection in app. Took 5-10 minutes of messing around to get a connection again. It's a crapshoot whether or not it'll connect.

Edited by kzimmer

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

are you running the app version that shows the tune apply on key on?  It will count through the number of variables and if they apply

Yessir. When this happens, the tune apply progress stays at zero, and usually flashes "device disconnected" I think. I can't remember the message for sure, but it flashes briefly once and fades away.

Edited by kzimmer

• 5 months later...