• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla iQuad bluetooth issues

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Ok. I've still got this issue and very annoying. This is an LG G5 phone and its brand new not even a year old.

Capture+_2017-08-18-08-21-52.png

Now the issue is Bluetooth is hanging up on any custom tunes. So if I do like I normally do on my trip back and forth from Ontario, OR. I'll set up at home and fire up the iQuad app but it might nearly 20 miles of shutting down and starting up before I get iQuad to hook up on bluetooth. So like every 4-5 miles I shut the app down and fire it back up. I'll get a quick message about couldn't connect to device. By the time I get to about New Meadows 20 miles away it might hook up. 

Now if I want to for sure hook up first time then fire up iQuad switch to DEFAULT tune, then shut down iQuad. Now fire back uo iQuad it will hook up in under 30 seconds typically. Then I can switch to my custom tune without an issue. If I shut down the engine and restart I might be back to fighting it and might now. Most times on my trips I'm stopping to eat somewhere so I shut down the iQuad and go in with my cellphone to work on the web site. Now I'm back to the bluetooth fight again. 

I just posted about this in the other thread but what is happening is that the app is trying to load a custom tune everytime it connects to the adrenaline (if you have it selected). It can take as long as 3 minutes in our testing. A noisy environment may make it worse. If you try and change anything during that 3 minutes, it can take much longer and may never respond properly again requiring you to kill the app and open it again. Loading the defaults takes less than a second so it appears to connect much faster. 

We are working on the fix and I can send you a pre-Beta test version that at least tells you that it is connected and trying to load the tune, but it won't tell you that the tune either loaded successfully or failed. 

• Owner

Noisy environment... Hmmm... Gotta remember I'm running Azpen A729 tablet with bluetooth on the OBDLink LX dongle. Then the bluetooth head is on the other side of the firewall and the body metal is ground acting like a signal shielding. The Bluetooth head should be either on the cab side so there is no metal shielding out. Other idea is to have the head at least outside the engine are in the cowling area at least the signal has a better chance. 

One day soon I'll be upgrading to a stereo with bluetooth being my cellphone can handle data on the first bluetooth and audio on the second bluetooth. Yes LG G5 can handle 2 bluetooth devices at once. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I just posted this in a different thread, but I can go ahead and make a copy of it here as well:

OK, here is another update. The Beta version of the app (for all of you with Beta access) now allows you to at least know when the iQuadBT connects and indicates if the tune loads are working. When working, you will see a progress bar like this: 

Screenshot_20170821-105417.png.b0571c6ab028e6fc2462168955ab4b98.png

Once this finishes loading (current V2 should take around 45 seconds or less) then this will go away and allow you to change power levels do other stuff. 

When it is not loading properly, say if you are trying to use a V2 vehicle profile to a box that hasn't been flashed with V2, you will see something like this: 

Screenshot_20170821-105056.png.47983f395b89e3158d7c524009d6ac14.png

We are working on this still and there is still some changes to be made. In particular, once you see that some of the tuning variables have failed to load properly, you will get the choice to revert to the default tune instead of continuing to load the bad tune. If you try and quit now, it won't work. If you turn off your truck or disconnect the adrenaline, it will cause the app to hang. You will need to kill the app and try again after you connect. 

And loading a V2 tune on a non-V2 flashed box will take around 3 minutes or so if failing. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Still did not resolve this issue with the update. Still getting the message could not connect to device then it quits trying. Then you go to the setting tell it to connect again. Again get the message back Can't connect to the deivce within about 15 seconds. I did this loop 6 times till it finally connected on bluetooth and displayed the initialization screen as shown above. So your software changes has done nothing in regards to bluetooth connection failures I'm having.

• Owner

20170821_152938.jpg

Checked all my plugs. No issue I can see.

Still very strange the DEFAULT tune will pop instantly every time. So if it fails just go to default tune. Shut down the app. Fire app back up fires up in under 3 to 5 seconds. Then switch to your custom tune. Lot of extra steps but work every time without fail. Leave it on a custom tune the you fight connecting the Bluetooth.

Strange? :shrug:

• Owner

Ok. To clear up the idea of noise I've combined both the OBDLink and iQuad on my LG G5 phone being it can handle two blue devices at once. Still randomly iQuad app refuses to start even if it's the only Bluetooth signal. Still randomly seeing the message of couldn't connect to the device. Eventually enough trying to connect I does finally start and continue to load all 43 items and now display gauges. 

Then I can fire up the OBDLink app and it connects instantly. 

Still the iQuad app randomly struggles to hook up on Bluetooth signal.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
On 8/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

20170821_152938.jpg

Checked ALL my plugs. No issue I can see.

Still very strange the DEFAULT tune will pop instantly every time. So if it fails just go to default tune. Shut down the app. Fire app back up fires up in under 3 to 5 seconds. Then switch to your custom tune. Lot of extra steps but work every time without fail. Leave it on a custom tune the you fight connecting the Bluetooth.

Strange? :shrug:

Might read my post again. When I get home in going to grab the dielectric grease.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

If it connects right away when the default tune is applied then it is not in the wiring.  Something in the app is hanging on start.

I am guessing the bluetooth channel is getting mixed signals as a result of the app trying to send the full tune first thing upon connection. It might even be spamming something on the bluetooth channel without being connected.   hard to say, but it seems like the command for default tune is short and sweet and it connects right awya.

I've had this same problem since day one. I often only have one single Bluetooth device. Some days it's fine. Other days (more often then not) I'll shut off the truck for a minute, get out and do something, get back in, and it won't connect. Sometimes in the morning or after work it randomly won't connect.

Sometimes killing the app works. Sometimes turning the key off and rebooting android device helps. More often than not I'm left swearing at it and it takes multiple times to get it working. The odd time I'll leave it and drive for 5-10 minutes and it'll come back. In extreme cases, I have to unplug the Quad and plug back in.