• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Installed 19.5's on the Pimp Truck

I bought them used. The back tires had been regrooved, so I wound up putting some better used tires on the back.

To have them balanced, which I did twice, it was $25 per tire. And lowering the psi to 70 helped smooth the ride out a bit, but there's still some vibration. And that is also the reason I had over $500 in front end work done because I was trying to smooth out the ride and wanted to fix any issue that could be causing it.

Edited by BigPimpin
spelling

• Staff
2 hours ago, 01Cummins3500 said:

I am new to this forum and have been thinking about changing from 16x6 eagle alloy dually wheels to some American force 19.5s wanting to get some more info before I turn loose of that much $$$$ to get those and tires. 

Are you going to convert to SRW or stay DRW?

• Staff
12 hours ago, 01Cummins3500 said:

Staying DRW. I’m running 285/75 16 right now on it has it sorta wide in the back. How wide are the 245s when on the truck ?

What are you trying to gain out of 19.5 duals? Is it just the look? I can't imagane you need the capacity, as that's well above axle/frame capabilities. 

The overall width will depend on what rims you get. 

Are you running spacers to get 285's to fit in a DRW application?

Have you considered 235/85R16 or 255/85R16 as narrower alternatives?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner
2 minutes ago, 01Cummins3500 said:

I don’t get the best right now anyway

What are you getting for MPG now? What tuner (if any) are using? What size injectors are you using?

2 minutes ago, 01Cummins3500 said:

Will this decrease my fuel mileage?

Well it shouldn't it should help with MPG a bit bring down the RPM vs MPH. Like I'm running 3.55 axles with 245/75 R16 tires and that gives me 3.69:1 ratio. I'm right at 66 MPH at 2,000 RPM in 5th gear. The biggest thing that is getting me in the 19 to 20 MPG range is the Quadzilla Adrenaline I'm cranked up to about 20 to 21 degree of timing between 55 to 65 MPH. Stock ECM timing is about 13 degrees which is just way too retarded.

• Owner
3 minutes ago, 01Cummins3500 said:

thought about getting a smarty

I would skip the Smarty and think about the Quadzilla. Just have a dealer flash the ABS computer. With your rev/mile value. Smarty S-03 would be fine if you plan to be stock for life. It will not work if you increase injector size and you'll need to adjust timing more advanced which Smarty won't do.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:30 PM, BigPimpin said:

Well I haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I was super busy and hadn't had time to play with the truck. But I did put some used 19.5's on it a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't find many pictures of these on 2nd gens so I thought I post a couple here.

I have to say that I have vibration and the centramatics didn't help that at all. So I'm thinking either the tires are worn unevenly, or I have other issues I'm not aware of. Going to start working on that soon.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos. The top is the "before" with 4th gen 17" 235/80, and the bottom is "after" with the 245/70/19.5.

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

You want to sell the center caps from the old wheels?

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would skip the Smarty and think about the Quadzilla. Just have a dealer flash the ABS computer. With your rev/mile value. Smarty S-03 would be fine if you plan to be stock for life. It will not work if you increase injector size and you'll need to adjust timing more advanced which Smarty won't do.

I guess all id need to tell them is the tire height right ?