• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

THANKS Al!!

Just wanted to touch base here  and Say a Big Thank-You to Everybody!

Big Blue ran fine across county last Nov!

Pulled a 2 axle U-Haul across the I80 rte with out issues.

Arrived in Klickitat County, Wa. after 4 days.

Replacing the APS and alternator seemed to do wonders for the truck.  The OSC radiator has performed very well,, even with the mercury hitting 112 here early this month!

Looks like We will be heading back east in Nov, with Our destination being the Pike County, Pa area.  Hope to pull a 2013-14 Dodge Avenger behind us...

While I'm here, the lift pump pressure I installed last Summer is leaking out of the end where the wire lead hooks on...Anybody know the size of the banjo bolt that fits the input side on the VP44?

That sensor replaced the banjo bolt on the line that comes from the Raptor Lift pump.

I just do not remember the size of the banjo bolt....12mm sound right?

Thanks again All,

Ed

• Owner
On 8/29/2017 at 2:02 PM, DocH said:

Thanks Much for the reply!!

Here is link for the install instructions for the low pressure warning kit.

https://www.bluechipdiesel.com/low_fuel_warning_install.html

Does the banjo bolt have to be from Dodge?

Thanks again,

Ed

Just remember when that light does come on the damage will already been done. Most low pressure lights come on at 3-5 PSI which is way too low. Even my one I got from Cummins way back when it was set for 3.5 PSI. Anything under 10 PSI is damaging. Anything under 14 PSI is not optimal. Old light you can see in the photo.

colored-fp-gauge.jpg

Currently I'm using a ISSPro EV2 gauge with programmable warning light I've set the low pressure warning at 13 PSI

Edited by Mopar1973Man