• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  

Daily

View File

This is the daily or about the daily I've been using for about 2 months on my set up it's pretty smoke free unless u stomp on the throttle or are messing around it's got amazing throttle response tho I run on level 5 out of 10 

2 hours ago, Mike24v1999 said:

Would this be ok for a stock injector truck with a bigger turbo? 

No. @Me78569 is right the tune has to be built for the injectors more so. You shouldn't upgrade turbo till about the 7 x 0.010 injector size. Everything below 150 HP injector can run a stock HX35W turbo easy. Really common issue people upgrading turbos way too early. 

Like I'm only running a 60/60/12 which is nearly the same as a HE351 turbo but my exhaust housing is 12cm2 vs 9cm2 on the HE351. Stock HX35W is 54/60/12. Ultimately the 62/68/12 would be the best fit for a 7 x 0.010 injector (150 HP).

Be careful. 

Lot of people make the jump in power too fast and end up making costly mistakes. I've got a 2012 Ram in the yard right now because his buddy told him to delete it. So they did. Needless to say it wiped out the factory clutch in a mere 2 months. The owner is shock that he needs a double disc. He's also young and heavy foot and has oversized tires. Since he's green and running larger tire the final ratio to the ground is too low and the transmission / clutch needs beefing up to withstand the abuse. Like I offer him the chance to change the tires out but like he mentions it going to cost a $1,000 for the tire swap. 

Every increase of power is going to make that weakest link just a bit weaker every time. 

Its about fixing the weakest links to be strong enough for the power goals you want. You need to deal with these first BEFORE adding power. This can get very expensive quickly. Like adding 425 ARP stud to prevent head gasket issues, like upgrading clutch so it can hold more torque and power, upgrading the fuel supply system so the VP44 has plenty of fuel, adding gauges if you don't already have boost, fuel pressure and pyro. 

Kind of sucks when something costly happens like losing a head gasket for $2,000. Breaking the main shaft of the transmission for $2,500. Few of my costly mistakes.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Like me I stay stock on both my trucks and yes it makes me feel like a puny little guy when a jacked up big wheels pulls up alongside. One thing I notice is they usually have to pull out front hammering the running gear even more.

It doesn't help to build a good bank account that can and will go to work for you when you have buy everything you want.

Edited by JAG1