• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector failure??

Hey guys I'm curious what the symptoms of failure are for my stock sticks. They have 125k on them and my truck seems to surge lightly on idle and almost miss a little bit at hwy speeds. Let's a good puff of blue smoke on startup buts god away almost immediatly please help me! Thanks also if seems like my power kind of went away but I can't say that for sure! Thanks

• Owner

Blue smoke at start up is possibly valve seals leaking.

Typical injector failure could be all kinds of things. Miss at idle, surge or lope idle, maybe none the above. Ive got my OEM injectors which run fine, idle fine, no surge or lope. On the pop tester they are popping at 240 to 260 bar. New injector should be 310 bar.

For sure bet either send them to be pop tested or replace them.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...