• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

to good to be true

My seats are getting in pretty bad shape and I have kept my eyes open for something for replacement. Found these Saturday morning. https://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/d/98-01-dodge-ram-2nd-gen-truck/6281653808.html Just to good to be true. I think I could sell mine for $75 on Craigslist. Any way I called him and sure enough he had sold them. Told me he had another set but I thought he told they were sold also.

2 hours ago I get a phone call from the same guy telling me he was home and had pulled the second set out and cleaned them up and was hoping that i could get there in 30 minutes if I wanted them. Fortunately for me I have friend down his way and he went and paid for them for me so I can pick them up next weekend. These are what I have.59ade4979cd5f_output(2).jpg.25ce15e8675968ab953c9da70ec8e411.jpg59ade498db76f_output(3).jpg.a5297ac54cec24a8c1db7ada0ddb75be.jpg

output.jpg.c60844ecd02403d6dbe370ca4e7c072b.jpgGot them for the same $125. My cab and hopefully my arse will be thanking me.

• Like 4

I had already swapped my passenger bottom for the drivers bottom about 3 years back and it wore fast. The rubber thing on the hinge is almost gone and I had worn a hole in the back of the seat at the outside hinge and it is starting to spread. All starting to get a little uncomfortable for the long drives I am making right now. Pretty lucky to find them especially at the price and condition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my seats last Saturday afternoon. Not sure the pictures showed how nice they really are. No holes in them at all. The only ware is in the drivers seat and it is mainly from the driver sitting more to the left in the seat and that side is lightly worn and the cushion is flatter there. Same issue with my old ones except mine was a lot flatter. The rubber trim at the hinge was just start to tear so I took the one good one off of the passenger seat of my old set. They are interchangeable for those that dont know. Another picture before install.

59b93c4c44f25_seatsbeforeinstall.jpg.f487c2d2c7c562fa25630ab887b0ad69.jpg

And then a picture after install.59b93c99e0d58_seatsinstalled.jpg.357296102c0995bf5fd787e4bf047f90.jpg

My camera was acting up and I did not get a picture of the old ones. I will get one this weekend and post it. Mine were worn out. I now find myself looking at seat covers. Hate to cover them up but finding the cheap replacements was not fun either.

I am tickled crapless to have found these. I feel like I am sitting 2" taller with these and it is apparent when I get in and out that I am. Have to stretch the leg just a little more to get it on the ground. And my arse and back are extremely happy to be riding in them.

As far as the old ones go, the only things good left on them is the passenger seat back and the center seat. the top of the console is torn from my elbow resting on it. Apparently the PO was shorter than me because the elbow dent in it is a few inches more towards the front of where mine rests. Hope that means it will last a long time. If any body needs any seat hardware off of these let me know other wise I am going to toss what ever I dont need or want to save.

I was thinking about taking the old drivers cushion and reupholstering it. I can find all the new foam and the upholstery on line. Total cost, about $300. It would match but that is hard to swallow. I will just keep looking. 

• Like 2

• Owner

@dripley those are nice looking seats... Wow! Like you've start all over factory fresh again. I wish I could find a lucky strike like that. I've kept seat covers on mine most of life of my truck but I'll admit my driver seat cushion is getting tore up foam wise. The fabric is giving up on the left edge. 

15 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@dripley those are nice looking seats... Wow! Like you've start all over factory fresh again. I wish I could find a lucky strike like that. I've kept seat covers on mine most of life of my truck but I'll admit my driver seat cushion is getting tore up foam wise. The fabric is giving up on the left edge. 

I wore out both of mine. I swapped the passenger seat bottom to the drives side 3 maybe 4 years ago. The fabric on the left side of the passenger seat is not near as good as the other side and It was worn slam out, fabric and the cushion pretty much just garbage now. 

They were definitely a lucky find.

Edited by dripley