• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HELP 02 Cummins DTC

I have an 02 cummins ext cab short bed 4x4 with an auto. Truck was foggy and lost all power. Had codes P1698 P1689 P0237 which myself and mechanic buddy thought it was a bad vp44. So we replaced it with a new one from thouroughbred. Anyways he put it on and all the codes are still there and nothing has changed. I don't know what to do next!! Also have an airdog raptor and at WOT it still has 8psi

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Do you have any mods to the truck? Tuner, injectors, turbo etc?

No, it has a 4" straight pipe and I believe it used to have an edge tuner. I bought it and found an edge owners manual in the glove box

Here's the troubleshooting p0237, likely a bad map sensor or 

Here's 1689 

here's 1698

Looking at the bus codes I think you might have a issue in the ecm itself.  I would use dielectric grease on ALL plugs under the hood.  Clean all grounds, and verify no shorts on any of the bus wires between the VP44 -> ecm -> pcm

Here's the wiring diagrams to find what you need.