• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Starting blowby

I had installed a rebuilt blackwater long block about 120K ago. at about 30K i had a leaking head gasket and installed new along with fire wire? not fire rings along with arp studs. I have easy edge and rv injectors and 4inch straight all in a 99 club cab dually 2 wheel drive,6 spd. My problem started after i had a friend drive a load for me, I have a pyro guage and light on guage is inop. so advised him not to run her over 1000 and check guage at night in the hills with a light etc. My guess is he ran it up and possibly caused my now blowby. What temp is safe? Could i have a head gasket failure causing the blowby? I understand weak rings or score does cause blowby but wonder if a head gasket could also cause this from possible head heat. Since this issue i also notice under load up hills running no more than 1000 on the pyro i notice my coolant temp rises as it never has done that before.