• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead1

Starting blowby

I had installed a rebuilt blackwater long block about 120K ago. at about 30K i had a leaking head gasket and installed new along with fire wire? not fire rings along with arp studs. I have easy edge and rv injectors and 4inch straight all in a 99 club cab dually 2 wheel drive,6 spd. My problem started after i had a friend drive a load for me, I have a pyro guage and light on guage is inop. so advised him not to run her over 1000 and check guage at night in the hills with a light etc. My guess is he ran it up and possibly caused my now blowby. What temp is safe? Could i have a head gasket failure causing the blowby? I understand weak rings or score does cause blowby but wonder if a head gasket could also cause this from possible head heat. Since this issue i also notice under load up hills running no more than 1000 on the pyro i notice my coolant temp rises as it never has done that before.

1250*F is what is considered safe. I typically hold at about 1,200*F. My limit on the Quadzilla is set at 1,300*F.

All I can say is time for a compression test and find out what cylinders are damaged. Then you'll most likely pull the engine out to be rebuilt or those cylinders repaired.