• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla customization

Scottfunk

@Me78569 I am absofrickinglutely ecstatic to report the lolally flash worked. I have gear display all the way up to 6 now and I believe trans temp is correct. Hard to tell for sure on the trans temp but usually the temperature displayed in trans temp (actually engine oil temp because that's where the sender is installed) is very close to coolant temp but during the test run today they were very different. Thank you thank you thank you. I will donate tonight when the wife gets home.

lolol holy crap,  welll  good.  

Trans temp is literally just displaying what is coming across the j1939 so it should work if it is displaying something.  Lockup should also work now.... I think.  So should trans slip.

Edited by Me78569

Yes on the trans slip. It was always right around 100% and now it's around 4% give or take the amount of acceleration I'm giving it. I'm betting it goes to 0 once the tc locks up which only happens in 6th right now and we're not quite there yet. Once the trans has learned to shift and Jason enables lockup in all gears but first I'll report back again on the lockup indicator but like you said if the info is on the bus then it's there.

This is actually a good learning experience.    The brain is going crazy with things we can control now lol.  

I honestly think I could write up some code to control a holset VGT using a simple y cable since it uses the same j1939.

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

Yessss down the rabbit hole we go!

Agreed... But this stems back from the Ed Grafton days too. He was dreaming of some neat things could be done on the Quadzilla tuner because of it abilities on the CanBus lead. I remember him talking about how the Quadzilla tuner could do much much more and work on the CANBus with more than just the engine and just need some software changes. 

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Agreed... But this stems back from the Ed Grafton days too. He was dreaming of some neat things could be done on the Quadzilla tuner because of it abilities on the CanBus lead. I remember him talking about how the Quadzilla tuner could do much much more and work on the CANBus with more than just the engine and just need some software changes. 

Well he was/is right. I love someone is actually delving into the abilities of the bus using the platform.

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

have you manually granted permissions to the app to access the folders?  

I know some of my rooted / cusotm rom devices require me ot set permissions manualy.

I'm not sure if I have the ability to do that in KitKat. I did however use Root Explorer to find every instance of "quad" and give everything all permission levels. Also ran the "fix permissions" app.

Also, I tried to install it as a system app tonight. For some reason it wouldn't launch, kept crashing.

Edited by kzimmer