• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to Oregon...

hex0rz

Yep, I'm driving the wrong direction... but the wife has never been to the coast. I haven't been to the ocean since i was 9 or 10.

We're going to stay in Lincoln city and do that tourist thing. Go see the ocean, historical places, aquarium, yada yada. 

I need a break from things and the wife wants sights to see. So with that being said, i need to ensure im not going to get ourselves in the wrong place. She wants to cut through Portland for the infamous voodoo donuts, but i don't wanna have to smash anybody's faces in. A bit concerned about people and their retaliatory viewpoints on the kind of person i carry myself as being i live in Idaho. 

That brings up another point. My concealed license is not valid in Oregon. So anyone in Oregon wanna give me some advice on how i can protect myself?

I'll probably end up at least wearing my kubaton and keeping bear spray handy. Provided i can't find a way to keep my pistol near. Call me paranoid, i don't care but it's always a burden i have to carry. I'm the man and its my duty to protect.

Overall besides the aspect of protection and security i hope to enjoy my trip and try to have a good time and make the best of our vacation. We have been wanting to visit the coast for years now but life had always seemed to find a way to get in the way of that. Now is our chance!

• Owner

Myself I would just still carry concealed. They have to find it first and yes I'm willing to take that risk too. It's not like I'm out to make trouble but to just insure my protection. Does this mean breaking some rules? YES. Like currently I travel in and out of Oregon all the time conceal carry or open carry. Does it worry me? NO. Will I continue to do so? YES. Every Day I'm taking MoparMom to Dialysis I cross into Oregon with my firearm and never had an issue as of yet. The only time my firearm leaves my side is to enter the medical clinics beyond that I've always got my firearm on me. 

To this day I've never be bothered to present my conceal carry permit nor has any peace office ever asked me about my weapon.

Typically I get a "Thank You" for being an American and carrying a weapon.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

We just did a long trip up the Oregon coast, was much fun, that said the kimbers stayed under the center counsel. we didn't drive like idiots, and never drew attention to ourselves. had a great time, and was never to far from piece of mind protection. know your right and assert them. 

Most of all don't worry about the cops, just go sight seeing, enjoy it for what it is, a vacation. 

• Like 1

It is a good time to visit the coast! Fewer Tourists. This is when I go to our beach house (30 miles south of Lincoln City). As for Portland, the only time I go there is to go to the airport. Enjoy your time. Before you go, check to make sure I-84 has been reopened. Been closed due to the fire in the Columbia Gorge.

I'd prefer if i could at least stay within the boundaries of the law. But it sounds like Oregon makes it difficult to do that...

Sounds like i can open carry in certain areas and only if the city I'm in our county doesn't restrict me. If it's in the vehicle it has to be unloaded or stowed away that renders it inaccessible. Sounds like the center console is okay to render it inaccessible. 

Portland is totally anti gun and the idea of open carry there sounds like an invitation for disaster...

If i made the decision to carry concealed then it definitely would be the pocket pistol. Much less risk of printing...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm here in Oregon. Took 12 hours with all the detours and stops. I won't post much up until its all over. But passing through Salem, i think i got nailed by a photo enforced intersection. It was totally retarded. It was a yellow light when passing through. 

Would like some input from any Oregon residents on your traffic laws. I say this because if i need to collect any information to defend my case ill have time to go back and build on it. 

Thinking about whether or not if i get anything in the mail from them what the city of Salem can even do to me..

• Owner
7 hours ago, hex0rz said:

i think i got nailed by a photo enforced intersection. It was totally retarded. It was a yellow light when passing through

Wear a mask while driving then the ticket can be tossed out. You can't be identified. This has been proven.

https://safishing.com/product-category/face-shield/

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the Idaho Enhanced carry permit it is good for something like 38 states and it is recognized as acceptable training to apply for the Oregon carry permit.  

In general Oregon doesn't like to offer many out of state carry permits but Malhuer county is one county that does offer them.  You have to make an appointment on line to apply for the permit (must go to Vale to make the formal application) and you have to have your training certificate as well as a mental health declaration from the sheriff that issued you your Idaho Enhanced carry permit.  That mental health declaration must not be older than 60 days when you present it to the Malheur County Sheriff.  The reason I mention the age issue is because when you go online to make your appointment for the carry permit application you will see there is about an 8 week backlog.  So it's best to make your Malheur  appointment then get your mental health declaration in a timely fashion to make your appointment.

The other thing you might just need to be aware of is the duration of your permit life.  In Idaho the Enhanced carry permit is good for 5 years (then must be renewed while the Oregon permit is only good for 4 years then requires renewal.