• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1 EGT probe to 2 devices?

Cronus577

22 minutes ago, Scottfunk said:

I am using a 10 inch tablet that will be making its permanent home in my dash. I'm going to remove the battery and supply key on power through a USB power adapter and try one of the auto run apps to force the Quadzilla app to open on power up, essentially creating a dedicated display for the Quadzilla so I don't have to touch it at all when I start up. Hope, I guess, is the operative word here. 

Careful with the battery removal. Do your homework. Battery might be a 3, 4, or even 5 wire. Most of these batteries now have temperature protection circuits and sometimes other extra fault circuits. If you only apply voltage to the tablet and nothing else, chances are it won't power up. Also if you mess up the wiring of the fault circuits, there might be some self-sacrificing circuitry in the tablet, and it's game over.

27 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Careful with the battery removal. Do your homework. Battery might be a 3, 4, or even 5 wire. Most of these batteries now have temperature protection circuits and sometimes other extra fault circuits. If you only apply voltage to the tablet and nothing else, chances are it won't power up. Also if you mess up the wiring of the fault circuits, there might be some self-sacrificing circuitry in the tablet, and it's game over.

Good looking out. It's the first nexus 10 ever made so I'm hoping they didn't think to put that technology in. Yay for a new project.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:18 PM, Cronus577 said:

I would but i'm running a BD manifold and I'd like to not drill into it. It has 2 pre-tapped spots for an EGT/Backpressure gauge, one of which I'm using already but the other has a bung to plug the hole and after many heat cycles it's stuck in there. 

Just out of curiosity did you torch the bung plug real good before you gave up on pulling it out?

• Like 1

• Owner
9 hours ago, Scottfunk said:

I am using a 10 inch tablet that will be making its permanent home in my dash. I'm going to remove the battery and supply key on power through a USB power adapter and try one of the auto run apps to force the Quadzilla app to open on power up, essentially creating a dedicated display for the Quadzilla so I don't have to touch it at all when I start up. Hope, I guess, is the operative word here. 

Here is my solution...

5 hours ago, Scottfunk said:

@kzimmer Thanks so much for the advice on the tablet situation. Downloaded the macrodroid app and not input will it make the tablet start the app when it sees power on the USB port but it also starts up the Bluetooth connecting. Does the reverse pin power down. Real nice. Thanks again

Awesome, good to hear.

On 9/13/2017 at 5:48 PM, Scottfunk said:

Just out of curiosity did you torch the bung plug real good before you gave up on pulling it out?

Haven't tried a torch. Pb blaster soak sprayed several times over 2 days while doing a compound setup and it didn't want to budge, now the manifold is upside down and would be difficult or dangerous using a torch now that the bung is on the bottom near the oil return for the small turbo