• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad ADR BT Issue?

Arodrigues29

My Quad ADR stopped connecting to my devices recently. Sent it out and they tested and played with it and said my BT adapter tested fine, my module had a bad CANBUS connection but connected do their devices fine with their BT adapter. They replaced what they needed to and sent it back. Plugged it in today and no connection to devices again. My main harness is devoid of wire breaks and conections all look clean as well, Quad says harness malfunctions are almost non existent. I called them and they are getting back to me when they can come up with an answer. Any ideas while I wait to try. Tried 3 android devices, re installed app on each device, tried searching for BT unit via Quad's app and phones/tablets settings.

Edited by Arodrigues29

27 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

does the android device at least see the device in the bluetooth thing?

Nope, on all the devices I re installed the app on, neither the app or the android BT menu see the adapater to add to memory. The one tablet I didn't delete the app on I attempted to pair as it was saved and the app said "unable to pair with device."

Edited by Arodrigues29

I would see if I could get the pinout of the bluetooth connector from Quadzilla. And then disconnect the adapter, check for appropriate voltage on the connector to see if it is being powered up. If not, you can probably blame the harness. With a full wiring diagram you could also check for continuity between the main harness plug on the adrenaline to the bluetooth connector on each pin.

So the BT harness needs 5v and I checked it and itnhad the supplied power. The only thing I never checked was the ignition sense wire to the in cab fuse box. It didn't seem loose and the fuse was fine but the BT unit/ADR immediately popped up on my phone. I know how ever have no communication to the app. I can adjust power levels but not even the speedo works. Took the truck for a loop around the neighborhood and it through an overboost code...I never broke 10psi lol. Data link is bad I assume? 

15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

If Iat is reading hten the canbus is working.  

I would turn the truck off, disconnect the box under the hood, plug it in good.  then see what it does.  sounds like the bow got put in a funky mood by the power issue in hte fuse block

I tried and got the same result. I just disconnected both batteries, took the Quad out completely, fired the truck up plugged in like factory. Re-Installed the Quad and the app and everything seems to be working as it should except for an ECM Volt reading in the app.