• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Recommendations for towing mirrors

(Not to much showed up in search)

Trying to find some towing mirrors that don't wiggle in the wind, stay put and have good field of view.    Any recommendations?

Looking at Amazon and other places.  Hard to figure out what is best looking on-line.  If you have aftermarket towing mirrors and happy with them....What type do you have?

I've been using the type that slide over existing mirror, works OK, but field of vision is not very good.     Going to be putting in new window motors, might as well add towing mirrors at same time.

Thanks

Edited by 015point9

The stock flip up mirrors work great no matter the style. 'they just bolt right on. Mine came manual and upgraded them to heated power a few years back. If you go that route and your truck did not come with them you will need the backing/mounting plates that are offered with them

• Owner

I'd love to have a set of those mirror but never have the extra cash to go out and buy the heated and electric mirror set up. No I will not do just manuals that is lame I've seen several truck like that and having t jump in and out readjusting mirrors if you flip the mirror up or down. Real PITA.

• Like 1

• Staff
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, notlimah said:

I also have the 1aauto mirrors but 4th gen. Could never go back to stockers.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, BBHD said:

1aauto.com has oe style flip out towing mirrors that work great

59 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

I have the 4th gen style from 1AAUTO as well, pretty smooth on the road, no complaints from me. 

There are quite a few models of mirrors for sale at 1AAUTO.  Which one did you get. 

34 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

There are quite a few models of mirrors for sale at 1AAUTO.  Which one did you get. 

Heres what I got. 

https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00054/i/trmrp00054?f=1111808&y=2002#product-description-tab

Same options as what I have currently but they must've moved to a different manufacturer as mine was a different part number and no longer on their website. 

Looks like they have every option available though, up too power folding, led corner light, heated and peer adjust so just take your pick! 

Just make sure if youre you're replacing non-tow mirrors with any of those tow mirrors that you get the support brackets with the kit.

my experience with them is they didn't have the range of adjustment as the stock mopar ones did. the 1AAuto ones would not tilt in via the power actuator as much as the mopar's, wasn't that big of a deal, just something i noticed.

I've sense replaced it with a Mopar unit.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:22 AM, notlimah said:

Heres what I got. 

https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00054/i/trmrp00054?f=1111808&y=2002#product-description-tab

Same options as what I have currently but they must've moved to a different manufacturer as mine was a different part number and no longer on their website. 

Looks like they have every option available though, up too power folding, led corner light, heated and peer adjust so just take your pick! 

Just make sure if youre you're replacing non-tow mirrors with any of those tow mirrors that you get the support brackets with the kit.

Those are the ones I have as well and they came with the support brackets.  I started with the non towing so can't comment on the 2nd gen style.  I do like the large 4th gen style convex mirrors though.  Because they go all the way down the side when folded down, I can see my rear tires which allows me to parallel park or back into tight spots with without rubbing curbs.  They also give a much wider angle view when flipped up for towing as opposed to a small spot mirror. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

My mirrors are in bad shape and will be the next thing I replace. What kind of support brackets are y'all talking about? I currently have tow mirrors but I'm not sure if they are factory or if the previous owner installed them.

There is a bracket used on the inside of the door to support the bigger mirror. You could remove the screw holding the door panel on right where the mirror is and kook behind it to see if they are there. Not sure whether You can install them without it. A lot of them come with mirrors but you can save about 20 bucks if you don't need them, IIRC.

• Thanks 1