• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Disrespectful kids

So I was at the local cafe this morning getting breakfast and the village police chief came in who I know pretty well. (Not in a bad way haha) He came up to me and we started talking and apparently around here they have had a rash of dodges with tow mirrors being vandalized. He said they caught a few teens who were out "moose hunting" as they called it. Which he explained to me is they go around smashing off tow mirrors for kicks. I get the whole name of the game as some dope came up with tow mirrors out looks like a moose I guess. He told me it's been happening around this county and a few others in the surrounding area. I just don't get the younger generation now days ? Anybody else had this happening by you?

• Owner

Not that I know of up here in Idaho. Way too many Dodge owners up here and most packing firearms you'd be a fool to attempt this. Especially around hunting season here and everyone carrying rifles and pistols. \

NOTE: I promoted this to the Facebook and Twitter pages so it will get more coverage. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

It's a sad trend.  As soon as you teach a generation that they dont actually need to work for anything they stop having respect for what it takes to get that.  

It's not as easy as Bernie says.....  we still have to work for what we have.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Owner
22 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I wonder if they only do it to flipped out ones with no trailer behind.  Ether way it's wrong unless they been harassed by other kids that drove dodges with towing mirros. :shrug:

It wrong period... If I was harassed by a Ford owner doesn't give me rights to stuff potatoes up his tail pipe. Wrong is wrong... There is no unless or exceptions...

(Here comes the potato jokes for the Idaho boy... :doh:)

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

IBM's truck sounds like, 'wing ding ding', a two stroke Kawasaki since he puts mostly TCW-3 and only little bit of diesel. :lol2:

After much argument over this we decided to go to gun range and his truck got us there

IMG_0949.JPG

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I extremely dislike when I see tow mirrors out without a load. Hard to explain it, it just looks ridiculous. Exception of course when in between tows for a short duration, like putsing around the campground.

But I'm still not going to vandalize someone's vehicle. There's never an excuse for that. It doesn't have anything to do with the generation either. There are shitty punk vandals in every generation.

Remember hood ornaments? Likely one of the reasons they don't exist anymore.

Ok... Now I kinda want a ram hood ornament for my truck.

Edited by kzimmer
Typo
  • Like 1

• Staff

Are you talking about the new 'hood' ornament that is a chrome gang member,  looks like swiss cheese cause he got drilled for vandalizing? 

I think our trucks represent success and hard work..... don't like the idea of actually doing real work to  pay for one. It's too bad if they never have the chance to experience true accomplishment. The schools fail our youth in this way painting a picture that being smart is the way and real work to be avoided, when real work is the one thing that comes with much profit and is the only thing that gets things done the right way.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Looks like I missed a perfect opportunity for a potato joke. Oh contraire!!

Seems on a trip to Lowe's for some lumber I stumbled across some potato wood. Just cant get away from you Mike.

59c3c19627898_potatowood01.jpg.9f06541dbbc10e897adc1509b5c1cbc9.jpg59c3c197b88a9_potatowood02.jpg.fc9dad2f2193b520e6da3db022d00fc7.jpg

Can ya'll really grow potatoes on white fir trees?

The cool thing was out 55 2X8's 12, only 5% of them were not straight enough to use whole. Try that with southern yellow pine. I would have to cull at least 25% of them.

Busting peoples mirrors off just aint right. I hope they catch em and give them a good ole dose of what for.

• Owner
1 minute ago, dripley said:

Looks like I missed a perfect opportunity for a potato joke. Oh contraire!!

Seems on a trip to Lowe's for some lumber I stumbled across some potato wood. Just cant get away from you Mike.

59c3c19627898_potatowood01.jpg.9f06541dbbc10e897adc1509b5c1cbc9.jpg59c3c197b88a9_potatowood02.jpg.fc9dad2f2193b520e6da3db022d00fc7.jpg

Can ya'll really grow potatoes on white fir trees?

The cool thing was out 55 2X8's 12, only 5% of them were not straight enough to use whole. Try that with southern yellow pine. I would have to cull at least 25% of them.

Busting peoples mirrors off just aint right. I hope they catch em and give them a good ole dose of what for.

Good you can have that Idaho Piss Fir... That smells like a dog pissed all over it. There is always tons of white fir around and no one wants it for firewood and typically get burned in slash piles.