• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla fuel trip and instant mpg

Me78569

Well i have been doing some beta testing on an instant mpg meter and a gallon used trip.  Today was the first day i could calibrate my pumped gallons used vs the calculated gallons used.  

Happen to report my guess what only .5 gallon off. After calibration it us dead on.  I need to run a few more tanks, but we should have these working based on injector size and the fueling command.  Really cool stuff.

• Like 2

so I started off at %130 to get that .5 gallon difference of the quad saying I used less fuel than I actually did, I went ahead and adjusted to %135 and found that I had not swung hte otherway and had a 1 gallon offset saying I used a gallon more than I actually did.   so I went back and did %131 and we will see how close we are. 

Edited by Me78569

I have actually been trying to find out a good number for the duration of time for a 4095 CAN bus message fueling stroke on the VP44. The results are not encouraging. It seems that the pumps are electronically tuned based off their actual output. Stronger pumps will actually decrease the time of the stroke to match the mm3 number printed on the pump where weaker pumps will increase the time to match the mm3 printed on the labels.

This means that when we stretch that signal you will actually get a lot more fuel on a stronger pump than on a weaker pump. There is no real correlation between fuel delivered and time that is consistent across pumps. Its going to make estimated fuel usage when stretching really hard to figure out. 

To be honest, I don't even know what the average stroke duration is to be able to get a best estimate. If anybody out there knows this I would love to have that information. 

I could believe that.    

this should still work within the design of the mpg offset tool.   At this point the rough draft is %25 of mm3 is max wiretap.  That should get "close"

I know know that anyone that does actually know would share.  

• Owner

This is one thing I hated about OBDLink setting are the same problem you left to guess or figuring out some math to get close. Now that I've switched over to Dash command is based on fuel consumed vs gallons pumped so now when you adjust the offset to match gallons the percentage offset is automagically mathed out. No guessing. This is the same setup as ScanGauge II as well it displayed what it though it burned for fuel then you matched it and again automagically maths out the offset percentage.