• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Gauge Bleed out

• Staff

Any one know if an Isspro F/P gauge can be disconnected at the back to bleed off the air and then reinserted and retightened without buying a new compression wring? I'm not aware of how the plastic tube is sealed whether a compression wring like plumbing or what:USflag:

I bled mine when I installed the gauge and have not since. The only time I saw any pressure difference was when I changed the pump after it failed. Lost about a 1 pound of pressure after installing the new pump. It has remained mostly stable like before.

• Staff

Thanks all. Just changed both filters and no difference big filter has built in air bleed and did that but erratic F/P has showed its ugly face again after months of steady pressure at 19. Thought this problem was solved :thumb1:. Going to the auto parts store and see if a run will make a difference.

I got an air leak on the suction side, has to be there somewhere as a leak would show on the pressure side of lift pump. wondering about those Quick connects... I heard sometimes are a problem.

Update:

I found  problem... Before my run to the store I moved the quick connect at the draw straw shoved it tighter spun it back and forth. I started up and knew right away the problem was gone. Gauge was smooth and went all the way to 17. No bouncing around. After a few miles gauge showed a steady 19. That's back to normal now.

Finally narrowed it down

Edited by JAG1

I have of late noticed a little vibration in mine. I do mean little, you have stare at the gauge to see it. Pretty sure mine is the needle valve. I believe the seat in the valve is going on its way out. When tighten it it just seems the seat is hard. It is almost like on and off is it. Barely cracking it open is a bit more difficult than it used to be. 

Edited by dripley