• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Valve Spring seller?

I'm looking for the best option for upgraded valve springs. I've got the air for 500-550hp and I will have the fuel whenever my buddy buys my smaller 7x.009 injectors so I can upgrade. I found Hamilton 103# and CPP 103# valve springs. The obvious choice will be the CPP for $100 cheaper. I came across this company that sells through eBay and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. The name is StreetSportIndustries they have 103# valve springs listed for almost the same price as the crowler 110# springs. The link is http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-5-07-For-Cummins-5-9-6BT-24V-103-Upgraded-High-RPM-Valve-Spring-set-of-24-/311756186784?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 to the posting. If they are a legit company and someone can verify the springs wont break on me and are what they are listed as I will purchase them. Any money I can save I will as I've got a list of 2400+ dollars worth of parts waiting to be purchased.

7 hours ago, jlbayes said:

The cpp springs are Hamiltons. I would however not buy anything from that crook (cpp). I know nothing about the ebay springs. I know a few with the crowers set at the correct install height with no issues. I have EEP 110s in my 24v with no issues.

I'm just looking for an affordable set of springs that won't put un-needed stress on my cam. I'm getting pushrods from DFI as he is local to me.

6 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@dieselautopower got me my springs,  they seem to be working well for me

Did you purchase the 104# springs for high lift cams? I'm sure I will eventually swap cams as this truck isn't going anywhere besides my driveway until it isn't safe to drive anymore. I'm asking cause I will purchase those if they will work with my stock can aswell

9 minutes ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

I'm just looking for an affordable set of springs that won't put un-needed stress on my cam. I'm getting pushrods from DFI as he is local to me.

Unneeded stress is a marketing tactic Hamilton employs to instill fear into the public. I have had 110s in my 24v for 5+ years with no I'll effects to the cam. As well as many others. Buy what you can afford but do not be afraid.

46 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am running PN 24V104VS.  Stock cam no issues. 

Those are the ones marketed for higher lift cams. I will most likely get a bigger cam after I do compounds so might aswell prepare now. Okay I will be getting DFI pushrods and DAP 104# valve springs. Alongside ARP 425 studs. I don't know if there is a topic about this. Can I just do one stud at a time instead of taking the head off to replace the gasket?

4 hours ago, trreed said:

I did 75 ft lbs to hold the head down, then 100, then 125.  Then after a week I went through again, loosened each nut completely, and retorqued to 135 ft lbs.  No issues yet. 

Alright thanks! I will start ordering parts and getting my hands dirty. Does anyone know what the rod end that connects to be pitman arm is called? When I have someone turn the steering wheel the ball joint will move a little before catching and turning the tire? I'm getting a DOR track bar and DOR steering brace. My buddy upgraded to a dual stabilizer and is giving me his single. So I will have amazing steering again:)