• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS light and Brake dash lights on?

Went to work this morning and all was fine. Started it up to come home and the ABS and Brake warning lights in the dash came on while it was just sitting there idling. Tried restarting it and they self check and go out but come back on after a few seconds of idling and this is without even moving. No related codes present other than P1687 No MIC BUS Message No CCD/J1850 messages received from the MechanicalInstrument Cluster (MIC) module. But all my gauges work I think this one came about when I installed my fuel pres gauge a few weeks ago when I pulled the dash cluster back. Any ideas?:smart: This is on my 02.

I drove it home and all the gauges and speedo work. What gets me is no codes. It is raining and it is a total mud puppy from driving 40 miles of slop everyday but it was not on when I parked this morn and it came on when I started it this afternoon.:shrug:

When that happened to me (the light)It was a broken front wheel sensor.Front rotor was a booger to get off.Once replaced it took almost 100 miles for the computer to reset.Thats not normal from what others say.My smarty cant read abs computer or clear it.I went to the dealer they read it for me and told me front wheel sensor.I dont know if auto zone's reader can read abs.You could have crud in there from your 4x4 trip.I guess i would pressure wash it first.If you do remove rotor anti seize it in case you have to get in there again.EDIT: Sometimes the connections can get wet.They sometines have that green fuzz on them.I am talking under the hood next to hood hinge driver side.Good luck with the fix.

Just got done spending about 3 hours with a pressure washer trying to find my pickup and after it dripped dried for a bit i crawled under and found the problem instantly. The gravel rocks broke the rear axle speed sensor connector clasp and it came unplugged enough to loose contact with the pins. a couple zip ties later its back to normal.:hyper: