• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Used tractor sanctuary house.

Well Just added another tractor to the fleet. Just picked up a 2009 Bobcat CT 450 B 49 hp tractor, way too good of a deal to pass on. I have both of my Kubota tractors for sale the dealer gave me a super cash deal on the tractor but wouldn't give me anything for my Kubota's on trade for it. Talked to the original owner who bought it brand new and traded it in on a brand new bigger series Kubota, he had nothing but praise to say about it. He runs a large land scapeing business and said it had been well maintained and i did some research on his business and found he has a full time mechanic who is super anal which shows in this unit. No issues except for a bearing in the front axle recently, spent most of its life rough cut mowing but did a variety of other small jobs in its 1400 hour life. Ran it for about half an hour today and played in a dirt pile for a while with the loader and was amazed at the hydraulic power it has.

After last winters numerous blizzards with no cab and after many years of using my poor little Kubota for pay loader jobs decided to get a newer tractor more suited to my needs and use and finally got a cab with AC and heat.

Got it for 18,500 cash, they will deliver it Monday, threw in 2 very nice Case-IH dealer sweatshirts and a Kubota cap lol. Lots of people were looking at this tractor locally but if you drag your feet you lose out. Even the previous owner had a short studder when i told him what they were selling it to  me for and said i would be getting an excellent deal lol, didn't ask what they gave him for trade but I think he misses it a lot.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/20877297/bobcat-ct450

BOBCAT CT450 at TractorHouse.com

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2017 at 10:55 PM, 01cummins4ever said:

A heated cab,  I am so  jealous ,  I was hoping this was the year I trade up to a kubota L49 TLB or John Deere 110 TLB   but to much happening right now. so it looks to be another winter on the oid 2150. maybe well get lucky and wont snow much,  lol.

Do you do a lot of backhoe work? Just wondering if the additional cost of one of those units would be worth it versus what little a mini excavator rental would cost if needed. I have used  rear mounted tractor backhoes and front mounted skid steer backhoes and to be honest they are slow cumbersome and a PITA to use overall.

Mini excavators are a lot easier and faster to operate and more maneuverable not to mention one can get into a lot tighter areas with them versus a tractor mounted backhoe.

Around me one can rent small equipment for 100-150 for a full day tops.

Edited by Wild and Free

Not a lot of back hoe use, but I do side work and when the job calls for it, I like having the convieneance of everything on the tractor in one package, vs. the inconvieneance of renting. About 400 a day for a decent size mini x after rental fee, taxes and other miscellaneous fees, not including time and fuel to go get the machine which really puts a dent in the profit. I have rented equipment  when the kubota 2150 is not up to the task, and have spent thousands of dollars on rentals over the years. 

Spending the extra 4 or 5 thousand on the hoe attachment will be worth it for me, I am looking at the 47 to 49 horse range, about the largest you can get and still be considered a compact tractor and easy to transport with the dodge and my trailer.

The tractor hoes are slower than the tracked machines but it's just a trade off for convienance and I do like the sub frame attachments much better than the old 3  point like my  2150 has. The possibilities are great when it comes to attachments for these tractors 

• Like 1

Wow they like to gouge for rental fees down there!!:wow: I am lucky being only 30 miles from town and having numerous equipment rental spots so close makes competition strong if I do need something which isn't very often, maybe once every five years or so. I have an uncle who has a lot of the equipment i don't including a mini x  so i just borrow from him the last decade or so. We horse trade, I fix and maintain some of his things for use of it.:thumb1:

He is super jealous of my Bobcat deal, he has been looking for a bigger one like this to fill the gap between his big Gehl 6635 skid steer and small B7500 kubota tractor he has, he would have scarfed it up if he wasn't in the UK now for his wife's job contract for another 1.5 years.

Edited by Wild and Free