• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I had my truck in the shop...  for some reason they were dragging their feet about getting to it...  I was getting annoyed but then I had a 3 day vacation in the ICCU (Intermediate Cardiac Care Unit), after a first ever episode of A-Fib. OH, yeah, after getting evac'ed in a Rescue before breakfast.  Home now & getting used to the additional meds besides my existing disability. 

I've been unhappy with the way the truck tracks...  have to constantly be on it making small adjustments. Already did track bar upgrade.  He replaced the steering damper... said it was frozen or siezed.  ???  We'll see. 

Had a bunch of routine maintance done since I can't do myself; brake lines, replaced leaking rear axle seal, oil change.  Yes, my CC took a hit.     

• Owner

Typically that's going to be either steering gear box needs adjustments to take the slack out or tie rod ends are getting sloppy. 

1 hour ago, flagmanruss said:

I had a 3 day vacation in the ICCU (Intermediate Cardiac Care Unit), after a first ever episode of A-Fib. OH, yeah, after getting evac'ed in a Rescue before breakfast.  Home now & getting used to the additional meds besides my existing disability. 

Man, you are getting the rough end of the stick these days... :(

May also want to check steering column where it comes out of fire wall, there is a spring loaded bearing that apperantly on some trucks fails prematurely. It's not easy to get to but if you can grab a hold of it and move it side to side that bearing is going, that spring supposed to put tension on bearing but with time it loses tention. Worth a look and yeah the other thing is gear box tie rods ball joins, basically make sure front end is tite.

If it I'd that bearing there is a bushing available that replaces spring and bearing, just did it on my truck.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm aware of these other issues but this is a front end/ wheel & brake shop & they've caught things other places missed.  My truck is used very little these days is still low mileage.  Could it be this simple?  I'll let you know as soon as I can get into the truck for a test drive.

Yes, the sedentary lifestyle created by my disability has a lot of potential for trouble.    

It could definitely be that simple, even with low miles. The biggest help on mine was the track bar and steering box brace. Still had a little slop after that which was fixed up with new steering arms and steering box.

Sorry to hear about all the medical issues.

I'll have to wait until there's someone here so I can try gettng into the truck, the cab step not withstanding.  i habe a history of falls & that would really screw up my day.

I've likely had MS a long time, the Neurologist who diagnosed me correctly in 2001 went over my records & indicated events going back 15 years at that point.  I have been in the later Secondary Progressive phase since 2002.  The fact I can still get around on my own at all, means I'm doing better than most in my position. 

• Like 4