• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Howdy everyone, it's been awhile.

The_Hammer

13 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Didn't you get flooded out last year too?

Yep. This year it decided to beat last year by over 4'.

21 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

really glad you made it through.  

Me too. It was pretty bad, the city of Wharton (15 minutes away from me) was mostly flooded and was an island with no way in or out except by boat. 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Glad you are OK. I was talking with someone here right about the time the storm was nearing and we were all wondering how you fared. It was one hell of a storm. 

I was in Mississippi doing an obstacle course/shooting competition when the storm came in. The winds topped out at 40 MPH at the house which wasn't a problem at all. The 30" of rain from the house all the way up river is what got everyone. 

• Owner
6 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

Thanks to Harvey we had the worst flood since 1913 with most of the homes in my area severely damaged or destroyed (including mine)

From what I remember of your last post you had jacked the house up on stilts and suppose to be above the high water line. So was your house destroyed? 

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

From what I remember of your last post you had jacked the house up on stilts and suppose to be above the high water line. So was your house destroyed? 

It's severely damaged and unlivable.

The river gave us all a big ol' "EFF YOU!" by breaking every record since 1913. Keep in mind the 1913 flood was before any dams had be constructed on the river to regulate it's flow.

36759864702_97d64b5bf2_b.jpg36744783052_3166aff2d0_b.jpg36122559043_a72d606141_b.jpg

Just say no to looters.

37597869196_27f3199d00_b.jpg

I had just got back from Mississippi with the new scope that I bought from a buddy of mine and was scoping things out lol. 

37597869696_e3fd8638da_b.jpg

Edited by The_Hammer

38 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It might be time to consider a new place to live? to go through all that you've done to fix from the first flood to the second one just drowning your home all over again.

Thankfully we didn't invest much in it after the last flood. The plan was to eventually build a beach house on 10' pilings but we got smashed again before we could do anything. My dad's house is about 8' up and he stayed dry so 10' would have been  plenty.

The whole thing is strange, nothing like this has EVER happened in over 100 years. Normally when it floods it's just the people who live out here that are affected, this time it was a different story. The destruction was massive and spread out all along the Texas Gulf Coast.

I have a friend that lives a couple hours away who lost his house, shop, and a truck in the flood waters from a different river. His mom also lost her home as well. Even now when driving around you'll see trash pilled up along the roadside from gutted homes waiting to be picked up.

Many people are still unable to return to what's left of their homes. These are people who don't live in a flood plain and were told they had nothing to worry about. They lost everything they owned except for the clothes on their backs.

• Sad 1

• Staff

Out here we have a lot of floating homes along the rivers. They frame the floors using long logs or timbers with floor joist on top. They place floating blocks of large foam or bead board in between the timbers. You still need a good anchorage point for winds and current. Then again probably not much news to you.

I hope you guys are okay in every way along with your neighbors. I think natural disasters are on the increase. We out west seeing fires in number like never before.

Don't forget to pray everyone........ days of sincere prayer go surprisingly better than those when I obsess over Cummins trucks or something else all day.:thumb1:

Hammer, why do you have a tie down strap around and over the barn roof? Is that to keep waters from forcing it off the concrete?

Edited by JAG1