• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Allison compatible Cummins V2 Tune

Me78569

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old Post, but I am wondering what functionality is available with an vp44/adrenaline/allison truck. Will the TPS  (APPS) signal be sent over j1939?. will the torque management work? 

@Me78569Please see above

This would be for a 2000 pickup, converted to Allison

Edited by jltait

this file just adds functions to the j1939 read routine and passes that info to the screen, like current gear.  it does not alter programming in any way.  

however I honestly don't remeber if this flash file is up to date with the last vehicle profile stuff.  

@Me78569Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if the Allison TCM and Adrenaline can coexist on the j1939 bus at the same time. The intent is to use the j1939 bus to pass  data to the Allison TCM, as well as Adrenaline tuning. Do you know what source address the Adrenaline uses on the j1939 bus? if so I can verify that it won't collide with the Address used by the allison. The other issue will be determining if/where terminating resistors go. I am guessing the Adrenaline has a terminating resistor built into it?

they can work on the same bus another guy had a vp44 truck in a chevy with an allison and it worked fine with the adr.   

I don't have the source info off hand,   The ADR is listening on the bus for info from the ecm and VP44, everything else it doesn't care about.  I believe the guy with the chevy, just put a y in place on the j1939.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I'm using the adrenaline on a 2002 Dodge that i just finished putting an Allison into and the current gear reads out on my display fine without having loaded this allison compatible tune from above.  I don't recall doing anything specifically to make that happen it just turned out to be the case after all the wiring was complete.