• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Coolant smell

Heater core is definitely the culprit I would say. Nothing else in the HVAC box that would leak any coolant.

Never had any leak in my coolant system other that that. Unless you count blown radiator. That goes beyond a leak. Never smelled the coolant, it left so fast.

Edited by dripley

I used Mike's article to do mine. I replaced my dash cover and rebuilt the HVAC box with new foam and replaced the heater core and the  AC evaporator while I was in there. I spent 2 days doing mine but got in no hurry doing it. It is not difficult but find some time so you can take your time if you need it. I also replaced the blend door connector while in there. It can be replaced easier with the box out, but can be replaced later if you are not having problems with the blend door.https://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-95-02/

• Like 1