• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to check fuel pressure

Depending on the year of your truck you may have a Schrader valve at the input line on the VP.  This will only check the pressure coming out of the LP.  If you are wanting to check the pressure coming out of the VP then I am not the one to answer that. 

• Owner

The whole problem the gauge needs to have about 6 feet of hose on it. The gauges for rent from part stores are typically about 1-2 foot long. This will not work being you need to measure fuel pressure at highway speed and loads. Idle fuel pressure will show typically higher than what is road speed loads will. 

Like this one would do the job...

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/VPMAX-Fuel-Pressure-Tester-Test-Gauge-Schrader-p/fpt.htm

At that rate you would be best to just install a fuel pressure gauge in the cab and be done...

As long as the gauge can reach just up out the hood in front of the windshield you're good. Although I have the gauge from Vulcan that Mike linked, you only need the gauge to reach up from under the hood in front of the windshield so you can see it when driving.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

will the obdlink read fuel pressure?

No. There is no fuel pressure sensor on the ECM or engine. It can only read the available sensors by the ECM.

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m also curious if I should order the qaud with 1000 or 2000 base tunes?

For sure the 2000 series tunes. 

Well I’m working on it slowly but like I said I thought about getting the tuner to check fuel pressure since I wupl be getting it anyway ... what all should I test? Right now it seems like it’s running good without any tuner and the cel light went off but I’m waiting for my obdlink to arrive to check for codes.