• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle kit issue

So I got the kit a couple days ago and just finished the install this morning.  I flashed the truck with a Smarty so I know it has high idle enabled.

With the truck off, I turned the knob to 3 cly high idle and start the truck.  I got no high idle and I got a P0113 engine code.  I didn’t turn the knob at all once I put the key in the ignition.

Only thing I did out of the norm is I had to extend the wires in the harness. Unfortunately the harness isn’t long enough to reach the overhead console which is disappointing. Since an extra 4 ft would have been enough.

Any ideas where I need to look?  When I expanded the harness, I went color to color.  Only one that Might be wrong is there are two black wires but I ran the ground wire to the pin next to the power wire....I do get the green led in mpg mod and red led when it’s in high idle mode so I don’t think there is any issue.  

Btw no codes before the install.

Additionally, I took my OBD scanner out and if I clear the codes and leave the fooler off the truck acts normal.  If I turn off the truck and switch to 3 cyl high idle, I get the trouble code again and the IAT reads -20 degrees.

the ECT doesn’t change no matter what mode I have it in which seems strangle to me....it just reads what the actual ECT Temp is....