• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I very much doubt the odometer resets on power down unless something is VERY wrong with your truck.  Do you mean trip?  

you unhook the negative battery cable first so that you dont run a risk of shorting out the wrench when you go to loosen the positive side.   

It does not matter though.  

Gotcha... tonight I did an apps reset cleaned map sensor connectors with electrical cleaner and several other ecm and pcm connections. Tomorrow my obdlink gets here and I’ll scan for codes. Also waiting for my friend to return my multimeter. I went to the miparman how to  test map and it’s directions say using a drbscantool... do you have directions for using a multimeter? As of now truck runs fine and no cel lights... All tuners are unplugged right now so everything is stock...

I went out this morning to start my truck for work and she fired right away but now the idle is way worse. It will idle fine and then bog down a little bit for like 2 or three seconds and then idle fine again. As I said yesterday scannernis coming this afternoon and I’ll be checking for codes. Any more suggestions?

• Owner
38 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

It will idle fine and then bog down a little bit for like 2 or three seconds and then idle fine again.

Batteries are getting weak? Battery connecting are weak? Sound like the grid heaters are hitting and laying all the load on the alternator bogging down the engine pulling against the alternator. If the batteries are weak or connection then all power is supplied by the alternator which is only able to produce 140 Amps and grad heaters can be 95 Amps (one element) or 190 amp (two elements).

1693 is just telling there is another code in the PCM. The key trick only reads both modules on the 02's and some 01's. Anything earlier and it only reads the ECM. Kind of hit and miss using the key trick.

Edited by dripley

• Owner

The only year the key trick works on correctly is the 2002. 

1998.5 to 1999 doesn't work

2000 to 2001 typically report only the PCM which  end up being P1693 which is "error codes on other computer." End of story...

2002 will report both PCM and ECM correctly.

This is why I typically just suggest an OBDII tool and be done...

• Owner

Bit of trivia...

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Alright thanks guys! And the truck is a 2000 so I’m assuming the p1693 is a companion code and I have more that my scanner will read which is arriving this afternoon... 

What happens if the P1693 code is on the ECM? Its not the companion code any more... Now the code is point back to the primary computer. Yes, its possible to get the P1693 on both computers at the same time basically pointing fingers at both computers having issues. So the computer that is reporting the code it pointing towards the other for error.