• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner
5 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Ok I figured to problably should do it before...

Do it after... Then you know how much to add. Excessive oil will bring down performance and make the exhaust smoke rather grey in color. Won't harm the engine but its no longer optimal for the MPG and performance value. 

Stock injectors after 80k miles of only 128:1 ratio 2 cycle oil.

injector-80k.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@notlimah  you know it!  ?

But.  @Me78569 and I met for a beer the other night and I said something along the lines of "I'm just waiting for my truck to break again" and the damn thing heard me.  5 minutes after leaving, the A/C decides to self discharge on the highway.  So, here we are again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, trreed said:

I guess I'm spoiled with my Quad and the new Gallons Used feature...  But also I know my truck and can usually guess how many gallons have been used...  and also when it's going to break on me next.....

I am pretty good at everything except when it's going to break next. I am also pretty good at knowing how many gallons I need by looking at the gauge. I also don't diet it bother me if i put a couple oz's to much or to little. Personally I have not seen any mpg gain from using 2 stroke. It does make a noticeable difference in engine noise, at least to Cumins owner but maybe not your friends that don't own one.

As far as pumps go for me my OE lasted 75k, replaced under warraty by Dodge. That replacemet lasted another 142k. No two stroke in either, but the first one was on pre LED fuel. I am thinking FP might have killed that one. The second one ran on regular #2, LED, and ULSD. It also ran half its life on an in tank fuel pump. Again not being fed good fuel pressure. The third pump is at 208k. 2 stroke for 95% of its like and good pressure all of its life. God willing and the creeks don't rise it will be good for another 100k.

I have run two stroke in my truck since I bought it at 110,000.  Original owner put a rebuilt transmission in the truck and a new lift pump.

Right now I run a programmer if I'm towing otherwise I run stock, I have a FRRP Airdog and make sure my F.P. is never over 22 or less than 10, I have gauges.

I don't know how much longer I have but injectors and I.P. are still going strong at 340k, I run 1 oz per gallon.

That being said I have new injectors but haven't put them in yet, my poor girl needs a lot of TLC but I've been to busy to give her the love.... 

Oh and the truck gets worked hard the trailers are either an enclosed 10', 22' construction trailer or the 18k tilt deck with a mini excavator.

• Like 1

My theory is it's something to do with the quality of the sender unit.  Up until yesterday I was reading the fuel pressure through the Quadzilla with a sender unit from a Mercury outboard.  I would sometimes see 3 psi fluctuations at idle.  Now I read pressure through an AutoMeter sender and gauge, and the new gauge doesn't have the same range of fluctuation.  I now see 3 psi drop from idle to WOT.

First time I have used it, not sure what previous owner used. I wish you could buy off-road high sulfur for on road and just pay them their damn tax. 

Got the 16 oz size and added to a half tank.

Will see if there is any seat of the pants difference tomorrow....

6FAB13CE-4973-41E4-9E03-73E1956161A0.jpeg

• Owner
7 minutes ago, jlongjohn said:

Thanks @Mopar1973Man I’m in it for the pump health so anything else is just icing...

VP44 history...

• OEM factory pump last 50k miles failed to P0216 code from a failed lift pump.
  • Second pump last 243k miles and also failed with a P0216 code but stuck in full advancement.
  • Working on my third pump now 320k miles on the clock.

So the second pump had a good diet of 2 cycle oil all its life and lasted that long. No cetane boosters. No anti-gel. No injector cleaners. Double stacked filters (Factory filter and AirDog filter). Fuel pressure held solid at 15-17 PSI for 11 years now. AC noise tested anytime strange engine behavior is detected.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Second pump last 243k miles and also failed with a P0216 code but stuck in full advancement

243 is pretty good but I know some claim to have over 500k on stock IP and no 2 cycle added. I'm not doubting 2 stroke is helping in life span but I still think some get lucky like that. Just never know what to expect. I do know ever since I've been adding it, my truck runs better and much more quite. In fact I borrowed friends excavator for a weekend and it was low on fuel so I added 10 gallons I had already mixed with 2 cycle and in few minutes of running it got quite and smove.