• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrading lights

I am going to be ordeing new headlights soon and would aslo like to change the rest of my exterior lighting to LED's (excpet fogs).  I just started researching the LED's and have a few questions I hope someone can answer.  It appears you need to add a load resistor for the lights that blink.  I aslo noticed that flasher relays are now made specifically for LED's.  My question is is either one of the options viable for the blinkers, do you need both or just one or the other.  Do the lights that are constant on need to have a load resistor added as well.  Would the LED flasher relay work for towing?

Thanks

d

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I just want to see where I'm going at night :poke: but budget is tite right now, just send ed down my yellow off and clear-coated them looks like new. 

I thought about that but decided that maybe fresh look up front might be nice. 

I definitely will not do led head or fog.  I appreciate the input.  I will use the flasher. Why use an energy efficient bulb and add a power hungry resistor. Will update when complete

L8tr

D

• 1 month later...

Well I've had my new lights installed for a while now and am enjoying them a hell of a lot.  Of course the only comparison I have is the old clouded up stock lights.  I got them off amazon for a pretty good price.  I really like the LED DRL's on them and it gives the truck a new look (especially after removing the bug deflector).  Are the the greatest light out there, probably not even closed but they do work good.  I also replaced all the turn signals with some LED's and what a difference they make.  I can actually see and use the back up lights.  I thought about what would be a good way power the DRL's and then I figured I'd use the relay for the lift pump.  It was right there and very easy to set up.  I got a fused buss for the lift pump and lights fed by the relay.  Anytime the lift pump is running the DRL's are on.

L8tr

d

IMG_3391 small.jpg

IMG_3387 small.jpg

IMG_3390 small.jpg

7 minutes ago, NorthernDodge said:

It's a strip of LED's intended to be a daytime running lights. Looking good @SilverMoose

Oh, OK,,,

Ive seen those on newer cars. I always wondered what that were for.

Just Bling :woot:

What is the box/relay mounted to your firewall for?

On 10/23/2017 at 6:24 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Damn,,, PIAA sure is proud of their lights $$$$$ !  Over priced or what !

Edited by GSP7

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

@SilverMoose how do you like led for driving/turn signal in clear lenses, not too bright ? And do you mind sharing information on electronic flasher maybe part number,  I just got same housings minus the led at bottom and thinking on using 3157a zevo, just not sure if it will be too bright. Thank you. 

I got the led's(yellow front turn & clears for rear) and flasher from amazon.  The lights are pretty bright but wanted them that way. They draw 4.4 watts.  Flasher works just fine.  

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o6?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=jmokkrhukpouqny&orderId=113-3708659-6637032&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&shipmentId=Dl1Xjwx29

https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/order-history/item/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o7?ie=UTF8&gen=canonical&itemId=jmoglsnrslrwun&orderId=113-7735263-4337004&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&shipmentId=Dr9wghvW4

• Thanks 1