I am going to be ordeing new headlights soon and would aslo like to change the rest of my exterior lighting to LED's (excpet fogs).  I just started researching the LED's and have a few questions I hope someone can answer.  It appears you need to add a load resistor for the lights that blink.  I aslo noticed that flasher relays are now made specifically for LED's.  My question is is either one of the options viable for the blinkers, do you need both or just one or the other.  Do the lights that are constant on need to have a load resistor added as well.  Would the LED flasher relay work for towing?

Thanks

d

Only need one or the other, I went with a new flasher because it's easier. I haven't noticed any issues with the lights when towing a trailer, even of the trailer is still incandescent. 

The electronic flashers should be the only thing you need. Do not mess with the resistors.

Also...NO LED headlights or fogs. 

Edited by jlbayes

Should have been more specific. No pnp led headlights or fogs.

There are led retro fits. Which would be acceptable. The plug and play is what I am after.

I just want to see where I'm going at night :poke: but budget is tite right now, just send ed down my yellow off and clear-coated them looks like new. 

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I just want to see where I'm going at night :poke: but budget is tite right now, just send ed down my yellow off and clear-coated them looks like new. 

I thought about that but decided that maybe fresh look up front might be nice. 

I definitely will not do led head or fog.  I appreciate the input.  I will use the flasher. Why use an energy efficient bulb and add a power hungry resistor. Will update when complete

L8tr

D