• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Mopar1973Man

Security

I highly suggest all people consider getting a password database program. Like myself, I use "KeePassX" for my password database. After realizing that brute force attacks on web sites and server are getting more and more common. Like M73M here get hit at least 200-300 times a day by foreign countries trying to brute force the server. I highly suggest every consider using a password database and using at least a 16 character password using all types of characters. Letters, numbers, symbols, etc. 

https://www.keepassx.org/

Now you'll notice that M73M has 2FA setup on the site. This prevents a hacker that brute forces an account to be able to change anything. There is no way to hijack the account now because the hacker would have to provide the password then either answer the 2FA question correctly or be able to use Google Authenticator to produce a 6 digit code that is only good for 30 seconds then it changes again randomly. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/new-two-factor-authentication-r995/

• Thanks 1

I've gotta post this your all going to laugh... 

I've been on a mission of hardening the Mopar1973Man.Com site making it nearly bulletproof. I've finally done it. :wow:

Yeah. I made a call today to fix a minor error that the server keeps emailing me about. So I called the hosting company and ask them about it. "Give me a few minutes" and the guy places me on hold. Then returns back in an about 5 minutes and told me not even the "Master Admin" could access my site. So I emailed the massive password and the login details I'm using in Linux. Come to find out they are stuck with Windows (Putty) for doing there work. Still the Admin still couldn't access the server at all even with the login details and password. I ended up tearing down my modification to SSH server so the techs could access the site. The tech made the comment to me... "My hats off to you. Your site is the most secure site I've seen that prevented the master admin from even entering." :lmao::lmao2:

So back to returning the site security back the way it was... Bulletproof!

• Like 2

Mike you missed your calling... you should be paid 6 figures to secure billions in banking and financial accounts.:clap:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Mike you missed your calling... you should be paid 6 figures to secure billions in banking and financial accounts.:clap:

Dream on... I'm just a peon in Idaho... :kick:

Still, think the phone conversation was funny though. Not often you actually lock everyone out and still keep the system flowing well.

• Like 1

• Donation Goals

Mopar1973Man Medical Bills

If you want to donate to Michael Nelson medical bills. Any fund donated here will be directed toward the medical bills and getting them paid. 

30%
    $150.00 of $500.00 Donate Now