• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight upgrades

The kit doesn't care what housing you have. It is a universal kit.  

Also please read the part in the article where I talk about the fluted lens on oem lights scattering light and making output meh.

Edited by Me78569

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

im gonna do this myself, get the new housings and fit projectors in.   i only run hid anymore even now in the truck with cheapo hid projectors (chinese crap)   they work but suck.  i run 55w hids too, moar brighter!!!! haha

i just priced out the mini d2s projectors and apollo 2.0 shrouds from morimoto directly, plus the new housing from amazon and it will be less than $300 to do.   winter project now!

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also did the Retro Shop D2S Morimoto's and couldn't be happier (except little thinner wallet). Only issue I had was the Hi Beam indicator on my dash was opposite tthe headlight. Switched pins at the blue plug and all was good. Where I drive at night the deer population has exploded over the years and this is a life saver IMO

Glad I drive more rural back roads than well traveled roads at very early or very late times of the day where i do not encounter any other traffic working shift work. Looking at these headlights and the price makes my Rigid Industry Dually D2 driving lights look like stadium lighting at a reasonable price lol.

images.ashx?i=502313_D-SERIES_PRO_DRIVING_SM_2.jpg&partNo=RIG&w=450&h=450

Edited by Wild and Free

@Marcus2000monster if you don't mind I'll ask a few questions here as I'm now also looking at Morimoto's and don't want to start a new thread. 

I've looked on TRS site where @Me78569 and @jlbayes and few others got their kit. They have a sale going on now and I would love to know exactly what to get as this is all new to me. Kit mentioned above is for mini h1 do these guys have d2s by chance. I also called Retro Shop where @Mopar1973Man got his and left him a message asking if they got deals today. Mike do you know what housings you got with your d2s lights, I like the idea of one piece and the look of it, not like factory 2 pice with turn light separate. Sitting here wishing I knew more so I can get the ball rolling but don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thank you all. 

OK little update. I think I kinda know what to get from TRS site. I found the D2S kit now just trying to figure out what to chose. Can someone look at this link and see if I got the right wireing and also I'm confused on halos what size to get, do they all fit just different width. I like the idea of them being driving lights and turn signal lights. Just not sure how many millimeters. Thanks again. 

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projector-kits/retrofit-kits-universal/bixenon-morimoto-mini-d2s-stage-3.html?preselect=51537%2C47668%2C51865%2C49468%2C47310%2C50242%2C50173

Edited by Dieselfuture

Ok so I think I got it, here are the lights that I think retroshop use in their kits maybe not, but it is what I just ordered.    https://m.ebay.com/itm/94-01-Dodge-Ram-1500-2500-3500-Crystal-Black-Headlights-Pair-Left-Right/382119162938?epid=1739529294

and here is a link to my cart for D2S.     https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projector-kits/retrofit-kits-universal/bixenon-morimoto-mini-d2s-stage-3.html?preselect=51537%2C47668%2C51865%2C49468%2C47310%2C50242       I ended up not going with halo option for few reasons. Total was $410, we'll see what it turns out like. Hope I got the right stuff. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

I look into doing a HID retrofit then I did a little more searching. I ended up buying these LED’s off Amazon and then got these housings off eBay. These headlights are extremely bright and I do get flashed from time to time. They do have a brights feature and it is incredibly bright! I did this on a budget. Been satisfied so far. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281252212462&globalID=EBAY-US 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VNBEQ4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Owner
58 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

I ended up buying these LED’s off Amazon and then got these housings off eBay. These headlights are extremely bright and I do get flashed from time to time.

I'm betting that they are a really poor pattern and blinding passing people. Most plug N' play LED lighting is typically poor because the bulb is not designed for the reflector. Typically all the LED retro fits I run across blind me and they get a shot of HID's back at them.

Look something like this right?

Image result for mopar1973man headlights jlbayes

This is what a quality HID pattern is like...

Image result for mopar1973man morimoto hids

• Like 1