• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Floor Board leak

Well, my first day after selling one of the family businesses is dealing with a floor board leak on the passenger side. We just had a rain here in Oregon. (Imagine that!) and the carpet is drenched. It is not antifreeze, haven't been using the a/c either. I pulled the carpet up and don't see any visible places that the water is coming from. My best guess is that the tire rotation is slinging the water into wherever it is leaking from. I pulled the kick panel and don't see anything there either. Any one have any suggestions?

• Owner

Windshield leak... I've got the same problem on my truck. The only way to fix it is to replace the windshield. Mine puddles up on the floor mat and only when it rains. I've rolled over on my back and hunted with a flashlight just after a storm and seen where it's coming in around the bottom edge of the glass. I'vee even got a few along the top of the glass that I can make leak with a garden hose with good force. My glass is already cracked I just need time to replace it. Insurance covers a good chunk.

I had to replace the windshield in my 96 myself and it cost me just over 500 bucks. Replaced in my 02 with insurance and I paid 100 bucks. The bill to insurance was only 180 bucks. Insurance companies get a better deal than the common man.

• Staff

Mine was doing that and turned out to be the cab lights. Water was going on the head liner and then running down the windshield pillar an onto the floor. I went and bought some small O rings to fit around the screw heads and it stopped. I'm in 'Wetstern' Oregon too

• Staff
5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Never did like the idea of roof clearance lights. They always leaked!

Mine haven't now for about 9 yrs since the O rings. They seal down the lites pretty well at the factory but not the screws.

I don't know why that small print happens. Sometimes when I post it is block letters all of a sudden. Hasn't happened for quite awhile now.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside cab leak....If I ever replace the carpet I'm going to rino line the inside.  The only rust I know about is the size of quarter is from leaky windshield.  I'm thinking the rino lined will catch any water and maybe cut down on noise.  

Edited by 015point9

On my truck it was condensation from hvac, don't need to turn ac on, defrost will turn it on for you as default. Put a chunk of hose on the other side of firewall on hvac nippel where it drips, so when driving down the road wind doesn't push water past that foam seal.

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

On my truck it was condensation from hvac, don't need to turn ac on, defrost will turn it on for you as default.

Dieselfuture is right on here.  The factory evaporator drain on the firewall side does not have a downturn.  So, when the seal between the AC housing and the firewall fails over time the condensation dripping from the drain follows the pipe right back into the passenger compartment.  It took me awhile to figure this out because I thought it was from the windshield as well.   I found a piece of preformed 90 degree heater hose the right size and pushed it onto the drain pipe.  Problem solved - that was over two years ago. 

- John