• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle kills truck. White smoke in 1st gear.

Redroan

awesome yeah ive spent days chasing electrical issues on my twin yanmar 4lha then changed the alt because it was went bad and everything went back to normal. ill change that tomorrow and check the high idle and ill let you know what i find. im trying to download that race tune now. to try and find the smoke and miss in first gear. i used notpad to open the json file but im not sure how to get it to the quad. 

you can also try creating a new tune with the truck running.  then add 1* of timing to the 1500 setting, and setting fuel load to 1.5* instead of 3.  

that should clear the isuse.  

If that doesn't work let me know and I will give another bit of help that will for sure solve it, but I would like to try the above first.

Edited by Me78569

having the same issue as this guy not sure what to do but if i cant get it downloaded ill do it manually 

unistalled and reinstalled iquad then it worked ill go do a test drive shortly thank you when i get some spare cash i wont forget about the donation link!

Edited by Redroan

still havent tested high idle yet because of the eletrical issue i had yesterday started to get worse today. truck not wanting to start no lift pump. testeted both battries found both had bad grounds removed the ground cleaned and reinstalled. battries tested good then. gona see how she acts today and if i can find my wallet il go get a resistor  

also! the race tune completly fixed the first gear issue. truck runs amazing now. just gotta keep it below lvl 3 i cant aford new tires right now haha

Edited by Redroan

I can write you a tune that follows the timing of hte race tune with the fueling of the other tune if you like.  

you might want to write this down, your truck likes these timing settings

Timing Parameters  
Fuel Load Timing 1.5
Low PSI Timing Reduct 2
Timing Reduct Scaling 100
LightThrottle Timing Adv 2
Light Throttle Limit 30
Timing Equilzer  
1500RPM 16
2000RPM 19
2500RPM 24
3000RPM 28